Grandstand, top of north and Kop

Shrink the stadium capacity?  Well, if we have no desire to get back to top flight football then yes, that's the way forward.

Sure, this season I doubt we'll hit 80% capacity at all, sometimes 50% may be a push.   But if we hit the top flight?  And me just saying that will bring some smart arse bringing up our past attendances in the top flight, completely ignoring the overall trends in attendances since, which fill me with confidence that in the top flight our capacity would cause more people to buy season tickets once they realise that sell outs are not out of the question.

However until it happens, a lot of people will not believe me.

We would have one of the lowest home attendances in the division

About 23k

Why everyone wants to be all crammed up together i'l never know. Who cares what it looks like on TV or to away fans, it will still say 23,000ish on paper, which is more than most championship clubs. And yes we will need the full 40,000 when we return to the premiership

I support the GUVNER, great post mate plus 1 from me !

We would have one of the lowest home attendances in the division

About 23k

You're becoming a bit of a one trick pony with these constant digs at our fan base, it's as tedious as all the "massive" stuff that you dislike so much.

You're becoming a bit of a one trick pony with these constant digs at our fan base, it's as tedious as all the "massive" stuff that you dislike so much.

How many do you think we would get?

I just don't think we would average anywhere near what people think.

Maybe 23k is a bit low but would be below 30k

How many do you think we would get?

I just don't think we would average anywhere near what people think.

Maybe 23k is a bit low but would be below 30k

In the Prem?

Easily over 30k in the first season due to the novelty and number of big away followings.

But it's all subjective and guesswork anyway until we get there.

In the Prem?

Easily over 30k in the first season due to the novelty and number of big away followings.

But it's all subjective and guesswork anyway until we get there.

Agreed. Let's not forget that there would be 5k plus followings from Liverpool, everton, man united, man city, Newcastle, Sunderland and quote possibly Chelsea, arsenal, spurs and villa.

Plus, it may seem anathema to us on here but there are a fair number of people who would get a season ticket for premier league football for whichever Sheffield club happened to get there. A know a few who got pig tickets who did exactly that. The trick is getting them hooked, which going down hilariously to Wigan did not seem to do.

Why everyone wants to be all crammed up together i'l never know. Who cares what it looks like on TV or to away fans, it will still say 23,000ish on paper, which is more than most championship clubs. And yes we will need the full 40,000 when we return to the premiership

Yes I agree that I do not want to be crammed in.

But then will this not open the debate of whether the atmosphere helps us perform better?

It we close the last 20/50 rows and are a bit tighter together I believe the atmosphere will raise and help the team perform better. Surely a good atmosphere helps us play better. As in away- good points return- amazing atmosphere. Home- rubbish atmosphere- low points return (albeit not just on atmosphere- I do blame the pitch and other factors too)

Cramming together wont improve much really imo.

It's Hillsborough not the Olympic stadium.The fans at the back can still be heard if they actually had something to shout about. Something that was lacking last season.

Making the ground look full is just to stop the pigs at work taking the wee wee as far as I can see.

Theres always this argument regarding our attendances if we went up.

Every club has increased their crowds since the premier league started so we'd be the exception if we got less than 30k.

For the big teams we'd fill it. Be daft to move to a small stadium like some have suggested in the past.

Can try the cramming together for me but seeing some decent stuff for the first time in years on the pitch and the atmosphere will improve anyway.

Edited by Eightace

Theres always this argument regarding our attendances if we went up.

Every club has increased their crowds since the premier league started so we'd be the exception if we got less than 30k.

For the big teams we'd fill it. Be daft to move to a small stadium like some have suggested in the past.

Can try the cramming together for me but seeing some decent stuff for the first time in years on the pitch and the atmosphere will improve anyway.

If we build it (a good attacking team) they will come

Shrinking Stadium FFS if our grounds to big for YOU there's always Rovrum.

If we can Marry the ground with the team and Chansiris aspirations I see no reason why we shouldn't see 50k + gates at some time in the future.

One thing is for certain 39k sell outs would be a gime in the Premier League at least half a dozen times a season.

The question about attendances in the Prem is an interesting one. In the various ticket price threads a lot of people are saying they won't be going (or know people that won't) because they can't physically afford it.

I can't see it being any cheaper if we do get promoted so how will people find money they just don't have?

This is what I have been saying previously. Not to mention prices again but people will pay for quality.

A lot of people will justify spending £50ish on SWFC vs Top 4.

Its not that they dont have it is that they dont want to spend it as they do not think the raised prices this year are worth it.

There was some table of attendances over the years I once saw and many premier league clubs had gates of 5-10k more than when the premier league first started.

We could expect 30k on average imo.

Wouldn't be much higher because we don't have the ability to hold 49k any more. There are many teams that would fill the away end these days.