Hope the dust has settled.

i reckon we'd sell out a promotion deciding game at £45 a ticket, you only have to look at the Wycombe game which was low key in comparison to promotion to the top flight.

Near 40,000 sellout attended that. Afew weeks earlier I was in a midweek crowd of 14,000 to watch us lose 1-0 at home to Stevenage. Proof to me that we have as many as 25,000 floating fans who don't want or need season tickets, or even membership. They will now feel frozen out. Unless of course most of our remaining games are in a cheap category.

The OP put a sensible post on here and because some didnt like the content he got the get t'Lane response. The facts are that if we are doing well we will struggle to average over 25K because of a pricing structure that prices out the market we should be aiming to attract. You seem to think that if someone cant buy a season ticket then the club shouldnt care less about them. So from a business point of view that is a marketing disaster. I have a sister that lives in Cambridge and she might attend three games a season which is 5 tickets per game. Looking at the prices she probably wont bother as it would have cost her £158 to attend the Bristol City game and sit with us as she usually does. I am sure there will be many others that wont bother too.

I am certainly not going to put a positive spin on everything this club does if I dont agree with it just because its the club I follow and so far I dont see anything to justify the price hike.

You are right  Ronnie ,The price increase can,t be justified ,25,000 average with these prices would be outstanding ,Where are the big money signings ?The head coach ,I liked Gray ok the football was defensive ,But is the new coach any better ?I hope so.But if you were Really wanting promotion why not sign a high profile manager who from the start fans would get behind .I did not know nothing about the Head coach before we signed him ,Apart from McGugan  and Wallace  i had never heard of the signings we have made ,We will see how good they are against  Bristol city.

The positive angle I see with the new pricing where it might work is

At many clubs the "real" prices are the season ticket costs, which can be paid in monthly instalments.

Both Sheffield clubs have a culture of relatively minimal season tickets because both grounds are so big. The only real advantage of season tickets is getting priority for away matches. Take Norwich City, not exactly a massive club but due to their small capacity counciding with promotion to the PL they've built a culture where almost all their supporters are season ticket holders.

Season tickets sales have massive advantages to any club because they have a great idea what budget they can work to regards loans, signings and salaries.

Its a bit of a "carrot and stick" strategy but it's clear the 15-20,000 floating support that go to 1 to 6 matches a season have been targeted.

Either buy a seaon ticket in instalments and pay a realistic price or get ripped off. And I agree for 1 off big games (1st match of season, Xmas games and matches meaning possible promotion) then many fans might pay £40+ but they won't do it regularly

Edited by sheffsteel

I always love the logic that if no one turns up when it's a tenner you might as well charge 3 or 4 times that.

The people who didn't even pay a tenner certainly won't pay 30/40 quid.

And now, a lot of the people who did pay full price last season won't pay between 30/40 quid.

Result = crowds down.

I always love the logic that if no one turns up when it's a tenner you might as well charge 3 or 4 times that.

The people who didn't even pay a tenner certainly won't pay 30/40 quid.

And now, a lot of the people who did pay full price last season won't pay between 30/40 quid.

Result = crowds down.

Revenge likely up.

lol clearly I meant revenue

Edited by McRightSide