Negative thread

It takes 5 league games to get a good idea really. I do think there is a chance we may struggle at first as all the players adjust. We have won ever seen preseason game in the past and been rubbish all season so it's not a good guide.

I can't recall any Wednesday player having a shot on target today, apart from two from McGugan in the 2nd half.  One went in, the other he put straight at the keeper in a one on one.

Wallace looked useful but he's not a goalscorer.    I think the crowd will take to him.   With a one year contract, he's got something to prove.

All in all, they played some pretty stuff, but can't see em scoring against Brizzle.    Certainly not worth £46 in South stand for 90 minutes of that.   Todays £12 (£6 conc) was about right.

Guest Deleted member

Definitely very pretty stuff down the flanks but absolutely bugger all in the box. Again

Anybody who doesn't think we need a quality striker is deluded

Edited by Deleted member

I can't recall any Wednesday player having a shot on target today, apart from two from McGugan in the 2nd half.  One went in, the other he put straight at the keeper in a one on one.

Wallace looked useful but he's not a goalscorer.    I think the crowd will take to him.   With a one year contract, he's got something to prove.

All in all, they played some pretty stuff, but can't see em scoring against Brizzle.    Certainly not worth £46 in South stand for 90 minutes of that.   Todays £12 (£6 conc) was about right.

Has anyone mentioned it was a friendly?

Now i know i may be saying this prematurely, but with a 1-1 draw with alfreton, just a 1-0 win with ilkeston, and currently losing 1-0 to York.. Anybody else feeling more wary of the new season?

How old are you?