Negative thread

Accrington were 3-0 up against Burnley inside the first 10 minutes today

Man City scraped by with a 1-0 win against Melbourne City, they didn't score until the 86th minute

Alfreton beat Rotherham 3-2 last tuesday

Friendlies are no indicator to gauge how the league will go.

Now i know i may be saying this prematurely, but with a 1-1 draw with alfreton, just a 1-0 win with ilkeston, and currently losing 1-0 to York.. Anybody else feeling more wary of the new season?

From the released friendly clips I am actually enthused by the team movement and passing,with players in lots of space, providing lots of options.

Now i know i may be saying this prematurely, but with a 1-1 draw with alfreton, just a 1-0 win with ilkeston, and currently losing 1-0 to York.. Anybody else feeling more wary of the new season?

didn't we win all our friendlies the year we came down from the prem?

might be wrong, but i thought we did...

anyway, it might be saying 'our forwards can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo' which isn't a bad message...

From the released friendly clips I am actually enthused by the team movement and passing,with players in lots of space, providing lots of options.

Really? I see many defensive mistakes?

Yes.

I was looking at improvements on last season which was painfully dull to watch most of the time

Guest Deleted member

As many have said, totally irrelevant.

However on today's evidence we won't miss Maguire. As we appear to have bought a full team of him

ITS A WORKOUT!!!

Sorry for shouting

Guest Deleted member

Darra posted that same tweet of yours in the matchday thread.

It wasn't funny then, either. :biggrin:

It wasn't meant to be :-(

Guest Deleted member

The best part of the afternoon was some 'woman' having a right go at a fella in front of us - the language she was using was really choice, pointing in his face and shooting 'bullshitting barsteward'..

The fans around us were hilarious - best moment when McGugan had a free kick someone shouting 'hit this tw'@ with the red hair Lewis'

Guest Deleted member

Because some people are prepared to buy them?

Probably be York's biggest pay day this year.

They got 4348 for the Leeds friendly a few days ago, and Have Newcastle visiting soon. They've also played Middlesborough

They've got a much better preseason line up than we have