Negative thread

Now i know i may be saying this prematurely, but with a 1-1 draw with alfreton, just a 1-0 win with ilkeston, and currently losing 1-0 to York.. Anybody else feeling more wary of the new season?

No it's pre season friendly a and you can't read anything into them, all about fitness at this point not results

You've got to remember we have a new foreign coach, new players, new formation and playing teams who, even though it's a friendly, will be stepping their game up against us. It's not like these teams will com up against bigger or better teams than us this season. Preseason means very little in terms if anything.

Guest mkowl

I blame Gray - the players get nose bleeds when they cross the half way line

Good news in a way we might get a new striker or indeed head coach before the Brizzle game.

Middlesboro might be Cat B though to pay for the new strikers little finger

Now i know i may be saying this prematurely, but with a 1-1 draw with alfreton, just a 1-0 win with ilkeston, and currently losing 1-0 to York.. Anybody else feeling more wary of the new season?

No not particularly, it's pre season & more about fitness.

I seem to remember one of our relegation seasons where we won most of our pre season fixtures.

Have you seen some other results? Burnley lost to Accrington, Bouremouth lost to Exeter, Alfreton beat Rotherham (have that Evans you fat tail). Sunderland lost to some amatuer Mexican outfit the other day. We just want the players to get to know how eachother plays and avoid getting any serious injuries from a part time lorry driver playing CB in a non league side smashing through one of our new found fancy-Dan continental players.

Last time we won all our pre-season, I think it was under Laws, we lost or drew our first 7 league games. So obviously, it's better if we lose all our pre-season games. Right? Right?? Come on, anyone?

I was expecting a reply like this, but c'mon, we should at least be winning, even if it just fitness?

The team are concentrating on fitness and tactical play/movement.  A competitive mentality won't be high on the agenda for a friendly.

It doesn't mean anything.