WAWAW - hooligan origins?

It has to be him. I'm sure the Danny/Ricky thing is just my memory playing tricks on me.

Probably right then

Remember when we played Boro at home last season I met him in Bankers for a drink and he was sniping at their fans so I was over the moon when we found some other Wednesday fans in there so I could bugger off up Hillsborough. He still found me in La Plata lol

Can remember a few years ago when we played Barnsley away, about 30 of us got the train, ricky met us and got on at meadowhall, we get to Barnsley station to be met by about the same number of coppers, marched us to the end of the platform and searched us one by one, Ricky's turn.....big long coat on even though it was a reyt warm day, they opened his coat up and a load of slit like pockets all the way down the inside, each one with a couple of CDs in, he'd been in meadowhall half an hour before he met us on the train 😂😂

:laugh: Not just us who have had the pleasure of bumping into Ricky and him sticking to us like poo on numerous home/away days then?

Means no harm....apart from when my mate responded 'no, we're all blades aren't we?' as a 'joke'. Went down like a lead bloon and Ricky wanted to kill him - even shouted his son (I think) who was at bar and ordered him to 'attack'.

Anyway, see him at near enough every game doing the majority of things people have already mentioned. Never forget look on my mates face when he took a swag of his drink and left suspicious white floaters in it  :biggrin:

As for the WAWAW thing, I always remember it as a hooligan saying. Blades hooligans tried copying it as well. It's strange to see/hear it being used by numerous clubs around the country in some sort of context.

Still p!ssed off that the band planted it in L**ds fans heads though by playing it at L***ds Rhinos matches - made my mind up that I'd prefer if they never stepped foot back in Hillsborough again. 

Couple of posts made reference to the fact that wawaw was originally 'coined' by the 'hooligan' element at Wednesday

Forst time I've heard this - can someone elaborate please?

Yep it was, the phrase was used by OCS peacemakers (contradiction in terms), when preventing trouble between fellow OCS lads. Would often happen after many ales, no opposing fans and lots of pent up agression.

The peacemakers/s would allway say calm down WAWAW. Then an hour later they might be the ones creating. When you're out with the lads,  as much chance of getting a kicking of one of your own than other fans.

Yep it was, the phrase was used by OCS peacemakers (contradiction in terms), when preventing trouble between fellow OCS lads. Would often happen after many ales, no opposing fans and lots of pent up agression.

Yep. This is right. I've been there a few times. Beer flying around stools being picked up and the like and someone shouting "We're all Wednesday aren't we?!!!"

s....and its an urban myth

Sadly that was a lad called Shem. trapped by 40 blunts in Dickins. following week though 10 wednesday battered most of those said blunts. I don't care if any purists dont like this its fact and the ad concerned is wednesday through and through and would take a bullet for his mates

Me and I mate followed the Wednesday fans into the Dickens, there was a tall, clean cut lad always very quiet, but hard as nails, he led the Wednesday fans to the far end of the pub, then it all kicked off.  Chairs, beer glasses, bottles the lot flying through the air.  Even though they were outnumbered by the BBC (More Disney Channel) they were taken by surprise and the Wednesday fans were on top.  Bouncers were bouncing as they do, girls screaming blue murder, at anyone who would listen. Eventually the police and dogs turned up and separated the two parties.  They pushed the Wednesday fans outside, but it didn't stop a well known leader of the OCS from trying to get at BBC lad who had been pushed out with the Wednesday fans.

Obviously I didn't get involved (Honest guv, as if I would, the bottle slipped out of my hand and flew twenty feet (Sweet face)).  Made for a good talking point for the rest of the evening though.

Remember walking out of the pub, on a carpet of glass.  Good old day,  bad old days.

Stand, Stand OCS, OCS, OCS !!!

WAWAW

Me and I mate followed the Wednesday fans into the Dickens, there was a tall, clean cut lad always very quiet, but hard as nails, he led the Wednesday fans to the far end of the pub, then it all kicked off. Chairs, beer glasses, bottles the lot flying through the air. Even though they were outnumbered by the BBC (More Disney Channel) they were taken by surprise and the Wednesday fans were on top. Bouncers were bouncing as they do, girls screaming blue murder, at anyone who would listen. Eventually the police and dogs turned up and separated the two parties. They pushed the Wednesday fans outside, but it didn't stop a well known leader of the OCS from trying to get at BBC lad who had been pushed out with the Wednesday fans.

Obviously I didn't get involved (Honest guv, as if I would, the bottle slipped out of my hand and flew twenty feet (Sweet face)). Made for a good talking point for the rest of the evening though.

Remember walking out of the pub, on a carpet of glass. Good old day, bad old days.

WAWAW

Ricky told this story 3 times before we got half way to Brighton

Didn't someone take a gun or something or was that another day?

Guest Fedor

He also told me about someone's eye getting pulled out, not sure if he was BBC or OCS

That was Sons of Anarcy series 7

Me and I mate followed the Wednesday fans into the Dickens, there was a tall, clean cut lad always very quiet, but hard as nails, he led the Wednesday fans to the far end of the pub, then it all kicked off.  Chairs, beer glasses, bottles the lot flying through the air.  Even though they were outnumbered by the BBC (More Disney Channel) they were taken by surprise and the Wednesday fans were on top.  Bouncers were bouncing as they do, girls screaming blue murder, at anyone who would listen. Eventually the police and dogs turned up and separated the two parties.  They pushed the Wednesday fans outside, but it didn't stop a well known leader of the OCS from trying to get at BBC lad who had been pushed out with the Wednesday fans.

Obviously I didn't get involved (Honest guv, as if I would, the bottle slipped out of my hand and flew twenty feet (Sweet face)).  Made for a good talking point for the rest of the evening though.

Remember walking out of the pub, on a carpet of glass.  Good old day,  bad old days.

WAWAW

Wasn't that The Metro?