bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

been on Bristol citys fan forum site to see what there views are regarding prices for game against us . they are fuming about paying £39, hardly any of them coming now. same happened to us when dirty leeds charged us that much and only 1000 went when we could easy take 5000 there. maybe police next season where going to charge us 10 million so to keep police costs down we price everyone out of coming .

Have you started another thread under the guise of " Mick Jones " ?

A team with 6k pigs backing them v a team with foook all fans backing them?

Winning v a good atmosphere?

I know what I'd choose, not really baffling.

Do you go to away matches by any chance. Would you rather football become an home fans only sport then ? Applying your logic should all clubs take up the stance of pricing out away fans because it gives the opposition some sort of advantage ?

At last we are going to be able to charge away fans the same as our own fans

It's been a disgrace and cost the club thousands over the years when we've had to offer discounted tickets to the away fans because of the state of the West Stand.

Guest Maxine

I go on a Hull City Forum

They too won't be coming to Hillsborough.

I suspect it's the same for many teams.

Do you go to away matches by any chance. Would you rather football become an home fans only sport then ? Applying your logic should all clubs take up the stance of pricing out away fans because it gives the opposition some sort of advantage ?

This.

Without atmosphere, lets just watch all the games on Wednesday player instead.

I don't give a flying f**k what any away fan thinks and does.  What concerns me is how we're pricing loyal Wednesdayites out of watching the club they love.

I was really excited about the new season.  This has totally deflated me.

We should boycott and damage the club?

It isnt about damaging the club. Many people cant afford and others just dont feel its value for money for 90 mins of football and they are totally right.

Like whqt Chansiris done this summer but these ticket pride hikes are a big cockup, just hope he realises his error soon enough. He will I think when he sees the attendances we are getting. It could all be to get fans to buy season tickets but then it should mean reducing season ticket prices a little not hiking regular tickets way up!

At last we are going to be able to charge away fans the same as our own fans

It's been a disgrace and cost the club thousands over the years when we've had to offer discounted tickets to the away fans because of the state of the West Stand.

Where has this idea come from? Away fans have been charged the same as the equivalent view. ie Kop, as the home fans, they don't get any "discount".

Nothing to do with the state of the West Stand, in case you haven't noticed it's still a s**thole, but now we're charging away fans a higher price to sit in the s**thole.

If you sell 5000 tickets at 20 quid that's 100k if you sell 1000 at 39 quid that's 39k it's daft

Simple maths but I agree in principle. Really do not understand the marketing strategy of such a price rise, if we kept prices the same we could have much bigger walk up attendances this year if we are going well and there is a buzz. Now I fear attendances will be fairly low no matter how good the results, cant blame fans at all. Really poor marketing deciaion this, will make the club less money not more as they are pricing ao mny potential walk up fans out.

I don't give a flying f**k what any away fan thinks and does. What concerns me is how we're pricing loyal Wednesdayites out of watching the club they love.

I was really excited about the new season. This has totally deflated me.

Same here, now wondering how many games I can actually afford to go to.

Wow, talk about losing the point!

I've not mentioned anything of the sort.

Away fans have to pay the same as home fans therefore if I wanted away fans pricing out then I'd want home fans pricing out....that would make it a non-spectator sport...yeah I really want that.

My response was to a post that said "the more away fans in the ground the better". From a match point of view, the more away fans behind the away team the more likely they are to play better thus making our teams task of beating them harder, therefore I'd say the less away fans in the ground the better. From a revenue point of view, the more fans the better but I'd rather have 3 points and get promoted.

It's not that difficult to understand.

Absolutely nothing to do with prices.

B.A. Baracus will be ecstatic then.

Numpty.

Wow, talk about losing the point!

I've not mentioned anything of the sort.

Away fans have to pay the same as home fans therefore if I wanted away fans pricing out then I'd want home fans pricing out....that would make it a non-spectator sport...yeah I really want that.

My response was to a post that said "the more away fans in the ground the better". From a match point of view, the more away fans behind the away team the more likely they are to play better thus making our teams task of beating them harder, therefore I'd say the less away fans in the ground the better. From a revenue point of view, the more fans the better but I'd rather have 3 points and get promoted.

It's not that difficult to understand.

Absolutely nothing to do with prices.

Numpty.

Your response was to a post that said "the more fans in the away end the better, it brings the noise out and adds to the atmosphere". You missed out the important last bit. You're saying the less fans the better from an atmosphere point of view because it gives the opposition an advantage. So on that basis an ideal situation for you would be to have no away fans. Of course it has to do with the prices, the more it costs at the minute the lower the following both home and away thus less atmosphere in the ground. I, like many others like a good edgy atmosphere and believe it brings out the best in both teams. Sterile grounds might be your idea of a good day out but not mine. 

I'll give the name calling a miss mate, I don't play games like that.

Your response was to a post that said "the more fans in the away end the better, it brings the noise out and adds to the atmosphere". You missed out the important last bit. You're saying the less fans the better from an atmosphere point of view because it gives the opposition an advantage. So on that basis an ideal situation for you would be to have no away fans. Of course it has to do with the prices, the more it costs at the minute the lower the following both home and away thus less atmosphere in the ground. I, like many others like a good edgy atmosphere and believe it brings out the best in both teams. Sterile grounds might be your idea of a good day out but not mine.

I'll give the name calling a miss mate, I don't play games like that.

It doesn't matter how many away fans are there, there'll be plenty of noise and atmosphere from the home end if we're winning.

I go to games to support us and watch us win. Not sing, bait, banter with away fans. Couldn't give a flying foook how many are in the away end but naturally, the less away fans the better for the team.

Edited by B.A Baracus

It doesn't matter how many away fans are there, there'll be plenty of noise and atmosphere from the home end if we're winning.

I go to games to support us and watch us win. Not sing, bait, banter with away fans. Couldn't give a flying foook how many are in the away end but naturally, the less away fans the better for the team.

Not sure about the baiting but I have to admit to liking a song and a bit of banter, it's always been about this for me. I can do that and still support the team you see. I think your point about there being enough noise and atmosphere from the home end with no away support is very debatable, I haven't seen anything in the last few years to justify that.

Anyway let's agree to disagree, you like your footie the South Stand way (not saying that's where you sit) and I like my footie with a bit of edge the North Stand way. Whatever the argument higher prices will definitely price out some of the hard core fans. Yes they may be replaced but the dynamic of the football supporter is, I fear going to swing your way.

Boycott  or no, I think Bristol City will bring more fans than they have ever done before !

I bet they don't bring anywhere near the 6k they brought about 10 years ago when they were going for promotion. A late winner from Graeme Lee shut them up iirc