Is this good for phase 3?

I know its not fair on those who genuinely can't afford it, but do you think this will benefit phase 3 sales. Fans who normally just pay by the match cos they have to miss a few see it'll be cheaper just to get an ST and get one it phase 3? Clutching at straws but trying to find a positive!

There is method behind this madness trust me. I would suggest its potentially a master stroke as quite a lot will now commit to 23 league games by purchasing a season ticket as I have no doubt the price will appear potentially to be 50% cheaper than paying on the day. Most matches will be lowest cat games with the A or A* being reserved for any MASSIVE home games if the Phase 3 season ticket plan fails. Just my theory.

When I first got a ST, in the 70s, I'm sure it was something like 21 games for the price of 15/16 (no multiple categories then).

With all the special offers recently, the advantage of having a ST has all but gone if you miss a single game.

Hopefully, this is part of a strategy to redress the balance and make STs a no-brainier for those going to most games. Proof will be when next season's early bird prices are announced, or when this season's phase 3 may give an indication.

I think you may have a point. Dc is supposed to be a very shrewd business man and may have a plan like this:-

jack the match prices sky high (everybody gets pissed off), annouce tomorrow the signings we have all been waiting for mcgugan.pinto and somebody like a Jordan Rhodes (everybody is over the moon again) then on friday he announces 3rd tier season ticket prices at a much lower level than expected (everybody happy again and DC gets a nice boost of regular support).

We will see!!

There is method behind this madness trust me. I would suggest its potentially a master stroke as quite a lot will now commit to 23 league games by purchasing a season ticket as I have no doubt the price will appear potentially to be 50% cheaper than paying on the day. Most matches will be lowest cat games with the A or A* being reserved for any MASSIVE home games if the Phase 3 season ticket plan fails. Just my theory.

Do you not think that the majority of those that have not bought season tickets at the last 2 prices phases are more likely not to go as a result of these prices than buy a season ticket at phase 3?

I think you may have a point. Dc is supposed to be a very shrewd business man and may have a plan like this:-

jack the match prices sky high (everybody gets pissed off), annouce tomorrow the signings we have all been waiting for mcgugan.pinto and somebody like a Jordan Rhodes (everybody is over the moon again) then on friday he announces 3rd tier season ticket prices at a much lower level than expected (everybody happy again and DC gets a nice boost of regular support).

We will see!!

Sneaky way of doing things if correct. 

In response to Hirsty (quote button is not working on Explorer).

I think there will have be a decent amount of people waiting to see what happened in the summer in terms of new players etc etc. Potentially quite a lot due to the fact that this is the most exciting time at S6 for 20 years. Yes the prices differ a bit from Phase 1 to Phase 3 (when its announced) but based on the crap served up last season I think many will have been happy to take this gamble. Then there is the other core of fan that probably attends 10-15 matches a season - its these fans that appear to be targeted with these prices on the day. It would certainly sway me to getting a Phase 3 ticket if I hadn't got one as it would work out a lot cheaper.

Who knows?

In response to Hirsty (quote button is not working on Explorer).

I think there will have be a decent amount of people waiting to see what happened in the summer in terms of new players etc etc. Potentially quite a lot due to the fact that this is the most exciting time at S6 for 20 years. Yes the prices differ a bit from Phase 1 to Phase 3 (when its announced) but based on the crap served up last season I think many will have been happy to take this gamble. Then there is the other core of fan that probably attends 10-15 matches a season - its these fans that appear to be targeted with these prices on the day. It would certainly sway me to getting a Phase 3 ticket if I hadn't got one as it would work out a lot cheaper.

Who knows?

I hope you are right but fear it will go the other way.

A mate of mine who goes to around half a dozen games a season - 1st game, last game, big games, local teams - phoned me at half 4 saying he spat his cup of tea out when he saw the Bristol City prices. We have a fair few walk-up fans who fall into this category and they certainly wont be buying season tickets.

^^^^^^^

I know everybody has financial circumstances BUT any pricing policy in business cannot cater for every single individual. A fan is fan no matter how many games they do or do not attend but some will lose out. I would still expect some promotions every now and again which will cater for these people who attend 5-6 games. I might be wrong but again it would make sense.

Mr C is not daft. He will have Plan a, b & c in place and I can almost guarantee he would expect this response on release of those prices. He won't want our players to be playing in front of 15,000 I can safely say that. Why do you think there are so many categories? He even has A* category ready to make shed loads of cash with a full house for the play off semi we will be participating in!

We will see!!

Let's hope your right

Ive got a phase 2 season ticket - but i am annoyed about the prices detracting from potential (lets say it) walk up customers.

The more the merrier is the 12th man - empty stadiums don't give the impetus or provide the home advatage imo..

WADEAW - Were all daft enought enought are'nt we?

Edited by owls-swfc

^^^^^^^

I know everybody has financial circumstances BUT any pricing policy in business cannot cater for every single individual. A fan is fan no matter how many games they do or do not attend but some will lose out. I would still expect some promotions every now and again which will cater for these people who attend 5-6 games. I might be wrong but again it would make sense.

Mr C is not daft. He will have Plan a, b & c in place and I can almost guarantee he would expect this response on release of those prices. He won't want our players to be playing in front of 15,000 I can safely say that. Why do you think there are so many categories? He even has A* category ready to make shed loads of cash with a full house for the play off semi we will be participating in!

Easy to say chansiri isn't daft but today's price hike isn't a good idea and he's completely misread the Sheffield market.

As when dave Allen was in charge, you'll find that once a fan stops going he doesn't come back.

Hillsborough will have 18k tops for a promotion side and around 14/15000 for owt else.

Wednesday fans haven't had the chance to taste any of the feel good factor yet and this might be the straw to break the camels back.

^^^^^^^

He may not be daft but he mis-read the corporate market for us in a big way and has already had to have a major climb down on those prices.

^^^^^

I doubt Mr C has got where he has got in life without making wrong decisions. If he has then its how he reacts to it what will be interesting. Do you not think he knows/knew the Sheffield market before he bought the club? He will be fully aware of average earnings/income of a Sheffield family/person etc etc - that is standard stuff. He will know that only the minted people will pay £50 or so for a home game.

This pricing structure is to bring in Phase 3 season tickets in a barrow load trust me. If that fails there will be loads of Cat E & F games to start with. IF we do well and are top 6, then they cat B,C & D might start creeping in. It's his job to ensure every single penny possible is brought into S6. With this pricing category there is so much scope to work with. Cat G is clearly for cup games and the visit of Sheffield United!