Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

Season tickets are also way over-priced.

Just told my dad, who couldn't afford a season ticket for the first time in 35 years, that it's £39 to sit on the Kop for the first game of the season.

He told me that's him done - he's not going again.

This is an absolutely outrage.

My season ticket works out at just under £10 a match.

My brother's season ticket is £4 a match.

My parents are paying £17 a match each.

Season ticket's at the early bird prices are a bargain, when you take paying on finance into it as well.

Money in football is ridiculous full stop. As a club you take one side or the other. You keep ST prices low, get the fans in straight away but fail to generate the income needed to either buy the players needed or to comply with FFP. On the other side you raise ST prices, risk annoying fans momentarily but you generate income to bring in the players and fall within FFP guidelines.

Every now and then a club comes a long with a shoe string budget and does well out of nowhere. But they're few and far between. We've been around the championship and league one for too long now, we need to change the way things are. The chairman needs to be a bit of a hard nosed poopydoo....in the long run we'll hopefully reap the rewards.

It sucks. I know it does! I wish football wasn't like this. But the change needs to come from FA, from FIFA. Until then our club has to adapt. 

Don't you pay to follow your team, not the team they are playing?

He doesn't need to explain himself at all - traditionally we've had a very high walk up and it affects us commercially. That is changing.

I assume you mean a higher walk up prie would encourage more season tickets? You'd have to actually announce prices and sell season tickets for that one.

Guest Chezzyowl1

The prices will be based on a strategy, with risk assessments carried out, the risk of course is the 3-6000 who turn up for the bigger games continue, with another risk that the 21600 who go every week continue to do so.

What did we really expect heavy investment already and more to come means a need for some form of return on this investment, I for one have moaned for 20 years about the tripe we watch, I'm excited to see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks and then of course how we start the season.

Having said that its indicative that football has moved from a working man game to a middle class business!!

Oooof that's steep! Might not get many walk ups due to that

That's me unfortunately. I live in Leicester so it costs me a fair bit to travel up to S6 and back each time.

I was really looking forward to this season but unfortunately this has totally priced me out and I wont be able to go.

afraid i knew about this for sometime ontop of the corporate hike and advertising   sh*t just got real as they say

I think this puts to bed that the Chansiri are going to fund this alone  they're putting in and expect us to 

I believe they have a shock coming to them,  the ordinary working man with a family is going to struggle  Hillsborough will be empty if we dont hit the top 6

Those celebrating the decision to renew in phase one (like me), have a think what next year's renewal will be.

I agree, he's made a rod for his own back with me. It had better be the best football since Waddle and Sheridan and a top 6 finish or I won't be able to justify a season ticket again next season. I very nearly didn't get a season ticket at this season's early bird, I dread to think what next year will be like.

4 minutes after the accouncement I get this email lol.

Join our 2015/16 Owls Membership Scheme and enjoy MASSIVE savings and a range of benefits!

Adult Members will benefit from our biggest ever discount on match tickets, receiving a £5 discount for each home league match*. Members will also benefit from priority to buy home tickets before they go on general sale.

I'm not justifying these prices. The prices are ridiculous.

But I also understand them.

It's a shame for those who genuinely can't afford it. 

But football needs to change. Wednesday can keep tickets low, we can keep them the lowest in the league. But that won't change things for football in general and we'll be the ones left behind watching dead end football.

It's catch 22.

3rd Phase Season tickets will sell like hot cakes now

Genius

Suppose that's a good point. Can't see how anyone wanting to attend more than 5 or 6 games can afford NOT to get a season ticket now in phase 3.

Still shocked at those prices though.