Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

27 minutes ago, Grandad said:

5 years ago today - and the crap hit the fan

After last night's game we've now scored 4 goals at Hillsborough in the whole of 2020

So glad we raised our prices to deliver the success we are all desperate for

🙄

Wow wee 

Haven't you any black balloons to blow up

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Wow wee 

I remember the critics of the Black Balloon protest

They were all like 'stop trying to get rid of the chairman' and 'if this chairman goes our club will fold' and 'nobody would want to come and take over our club'

It got all tribal. 

They threw some horrendous abuse at anyone making a stand against the chairman at the time

And every single one of these critics have been proven to have been completely, totally and utterly WRONG

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
27 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Wow wee 

What a constructive contribution to discussion. 

Thank you lol 

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

What were the prices the season before out of interest?  I don't feel like my season ticket has gone up significantly in ages.  

The rise was about 40%

Not sure about season tickets

Edited by Grandad

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i wouldnt pay those prices and dont blame anyone for staying away .....

Prices have come down since, £25 for 5 games, you've just got to show you're card.

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

The rise was about 40%

Not sure about season tickets

2014/15 EB - on Kop £360

2015/16 EB - on Kop £395

2016/17 -EB - on Kop - £455 (There was an advance saver too - don't know what that was.)

2017/18 EB - on Kop - 455 frozen since then

So EB ST prices for Kop went up 26% in two years. Been same since. Inflation rate over that period is about 11%. So well over rate of inflation despite the recent freezes. Shows you how much he put them initially - that first 2 year rise was about 10 times the inflation rate. 

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, Grandad said:

5 years ago today - and the crap hit the fan

After last night's game we've now scored 4 goals at Hillsborough in the whole of 2020

So glad we raised our prices to deliver the success we are all desperate for

🙄

Dont forget..we had to raise our prices..or we would have ended up with a team like sheff utd...

I can remember when first seeing the prices thinking that the supporters wouldn't stand for this and were surprised by how many people defended them. It did divide fans at the time but was smoothed over by the results improving after a few weeks.

But once results went south the high prices were always going to be contentious. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember the critics of the Black Balloon protest

They were all like 'stop trying to get rid of the chairman' and 'if this chairman goes our club will fold' and 'nobody would want to come and take over our club'

It got all tribal. 

They threw some horrendous abuse at anyone making a stand against the chairman at the time

And every single one of these critics have been proven to have been completely, totally and utterly WRONG

I didn't hurl abuse but remember feeling that I preferred the chairmen at the time to Ken Bates.
With the hindsight of over 15 years I am not sure it would have made much difference in the long run if Ken Bates or Dave Allen was in charge.

2 hours ago, MF TAZ said:

Idk everyone is acting like this is new 

lol

It was nailed on that there was going to be big increase prices of match by match tickets, you could see this with increase in season ticket prices after we won promotion. 

I'm not shocked one little bit. 

Not that I agree with these prices like.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2015 at 09:39, Cersei said:

It's not about that imo.

It's the sheer volume of things you can do with 44 quid.

Not being funny but mad max in IMAX was worth 5 of our most recent home games minimum.

I may be shallow and lack that wtid mentality perhaps, but I am a floating voter still and my outlook is valuable.

I will say this though, IF I am wrong about the cats and we have plenty at e I'll say sorry but I do not see it happening.

On 16/07/2015 at 09:43, Cersei said:

There is the factor you see of the blokes who have a principle cut off point and it's finally been met.

Additionally the poor sods who would love to pay 30 quid to go, into a stadium with 20k empty seats for the first game.

Additionally the lost chance to get 28k in the gates for the first game with a new team pitch and score board and get them in for the rest of the season.

The average sheffield lad will go online in about 3 weeks, look at the price and say not for me.

On 16/07/2015 at 09:47, Cersei said:

Too cheap for too long?

We haven't moved inline with the league? We have started charging more than half the PL.

Good times 

On 15/07/2015 at 16:20, mrgund said:

I was waiting half an hour for someone to post about them. I was starting to think everyone had fainted or something.

Doesn't look very appealing paying those prices, think I will watch the matches on twitter instead.