Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

I get up from London to games when I can, but that's pushed it way over affordability for me. Train and match ticket will be £80/90 alone. Gutted... Might treat myself to Bristol to take a look at new pitch but that's my lot.

So for the first time in ages we'll have a decent team, decent pitch and scoreboard and the chance of seeing some good quality football but nobody will be able to walk up and pay on the day at those higher end prices. Not unless they have no sense or a hole in their wallet that is.

Edited by mrgund

This isn't a generalising all Wednesday fans, I'll make that clear. Everyone has different circumstances.

But there's a section that will moan about the prices & say Chansiri is ripping fans off. But they'll still find the money come the end of the season if we're up in the top six.

If we ever get to the promised land these are the prices we'll be paying, not just for home games but away games too.

To get to the promised land DC needs extra income.

In any case. There was plenty of warning that matchday ticket prices would be high end. Otherwise season ticket prices wouldn't be justified.

Yep I can agree that is exactly the case in my book. If we are top of the tale battering teams I would be less annoyed to pay these prices. However they have put the cart before the horse. Give them the product and then people will come and pay more if you increase it.

I have hopes that we will be a good attractive team but that hasn't been the case for a while and now we have to pay a huge mark up without any solid evidence we will get a good return on our money.

I dread to think what the attendance for Leeds at home will be for example, especially if the game is on Sky!

Genuinely think that's pricing me out of going to games , I cannot get a season ticket due to work but liked to get to as many games as possible

No words

High end would be £30 on the Kop for Category A

£39 as the cheapest ticket or Category B is utterly, utterly shameful, and Chansiri needs to explain himself NOW.

I would expect these prices if we were in the top six of the Prem.

Don't you pay to follow your team, not the team they are playing?

He doesn't need to explain himself at all - traditionally we've had a very high walk up and it affects us commercially. That is changing.

I can't believe how much they've gone up but it's that old chestnut if you want to see a better standard of player than the majority of ones we've seen over the last 15 years then I suspect we're going to have to foot at least some of the bill?  I'm just glad that I bit the bullet and got a early bird season ticket because it looks like top dollar prices are going to be the norm now?

If you want top quality players coming in these are the prices you have to pay

By top players you mean Messi and Ronaldo yeah?

Don't you pay to follow your team, not the team they are playing?

He doesn't need to explain himself at all - traditionally we've had a very high walk up and it affects us commercially. That is changing.

He doesn't need to explain £39 being the cheapest ticket in the ground against Bristol City?!

It's nothing short of outrageous.

Edited by KivoOwl

Yep I can agree that is exactly the case in my book. If we are top of the tale battering teams I would be less annoyed to pay these prices. However they have put the cart before the horse. Give them the product and then people will come and pay more if you increase it.

I have hopes that we will be a good attractive team but that hasn't been the case for a while and now we have to pay a huge mark up without any solid evidence we will get a good return on our money.

I dread to think what the attendance for Leeds at home will be for example, especially if the game is on Sky!

Any tv game will be cat G.  Won't it?

Expect a season ticket price release very shortly - will show big discounts compared to walk up prices. Generate a big rush of late season tickets with hardly any walk ups and guaranteed income sorted. Could be clever by Wednesday or it could be an absolute disaster.

Interesting way of looking at it. Would be a more strategic way of doing things than in the past we could give the powers that be credit for.