Attendance v Bristol

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Guest gilly_2012

first game of the season new manager, new pitch, new scoreboard, lots of exciting signings and a bmw to win it would be dissapointing if we dont hit 30k+

Would you say the same if another club was referring to us as 'Sheffield'?

Yes. It's all to do with context. The context of this thread is Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City. To say, Bristol, Sheffield, City or Wednesday is acceptable IMHO. It's the same with commentators if they call us Sheffield in a match v Derby (for example) I don't see the problem, there's only one team called Sheffield playing.

Yes. It's all to do with context. The context of this thread is Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City. To say, Bristol, Sheffield, City or Wednesday is acceptable IMHO. It's the same with commentators if they call us Sheffield in a match v Derby (for example) I don't see the problem, there's only one team called Sheffield playing.

Grammatically correct maybe, but regardless of the context, I dislike being lumped together under the banner of Sheffield when it comes to football.

And Bristol City and Rovers supporters feel the same way about being singularly referred to as Bristol.

As for the commentators ...and I know they do it with both Wednesday and the other lot, but when was the last time you heard either of the Manchester clubs referred to by just their City name

I know ....Off topic !

Not many walk-ups at these prices

Seriously - for 2nd tier football....in Sheffield?!?!?!?.

Prices for the Owls v Bristol City

ADULTS 

Kop

Members £34 
Non-Members £39 

North Stand/Grandstand
Members £37 
Non-Members £42 

South Stand
Members £41 
Non-Members £46 
Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/matchday-prices-for-robins-curtain-raiser-2549345.aspx#ICVb60MTfH1s3se9.99

£34 for a member on the Kop, with a month to save up...

Anyone who wants to go needs to become a member, and put £1.40 a day into a ticket fund.

For the sake of future attendances I hope a large proportion of matches are the low categories, and the Bristol is B since it's the curtain raiser.