Stadiums under construction thread

The people in the top tier will have better view of Goodison Park than they will of the players on the pitch at Anfield.

It looks awful and this is why ideally if you are going to renovate an existing stadium you should knock it down all together and start again or build a new stadium elsewhere.

The people in the top tier will have better view of Goodison Park than they will of the players on the pitch at Anfield.

Looks similar to your main stand.

It looks awful and this is why ideally if you are going to renovate an existing stadium you should knock it down all together and start again or build a new stadium elsewhere.

They're building it behind the current stand so it can be used all season then next offseason (I think) the current stand gets sort of assimilated into the new one, whether it likes it or not.

There's a video somewhere with little animated cranes. Enjoyed it.

That Chelsea stadium is everything I love about brave and compassionate design. What an incredible idea and I totally get why it will work.

Agree.  Better than glass and steel like everything else.  Do something different and stand out.  Everyone whinges about generic bowls, well good on them for doing something different.

Just not bothered...

That Chelsea design is bonkers and brilliant.

Unique architecture has to be applauded in stadium design. I understand why the smaller clubs stick to templates, but as someone who traditionally does more away games than home, I don't want a world where the UK is a tour of different coloured Pride Park's.

Stadia vs. stadiums

Both stadia and stadiums are accepted plurals of stadium. Neither is right or wrong, but stadiums is far more common. This is the case throughout the English-speaking world, and it has been for several decades.

English-speakers are not required to know the rules of Latin grammar, and most Latin-derived words with long histories in English are now pluralized in the English manner. We do still prefer some Latin plurals by convention, however, but stadia is not one of them. Besides, stadia has its own meanings unrelated to stadium (i.e., a telescopic instrument used to measure distances, plus several related definitions), so keeping it separate might be useful.