Press Conference - 14.00

Do my eyes & ears deceive me, or was that 2 professional, ambitious blokes talking about our club's potentially good future?! When was the last time that happened?! Who had heard of Rafa Benitez before he turned up, or Wenger for that matter. Before some wag bites me head off, I know he's a gamble, but some managers just 'fit' with a club. Some don't. Let's hope CC on Penistone Rd does. Finally.

:columbo:

Carlos the Gaffer, he comes across very professional to the media, spoke good English, gave me a boost of optimism when mentioning his perspective on football, hopefully the friendship with Mourinho, may help us sometime within the season.

DC, Say's everything we only dreamt of hearing months ago, hopefully his diligence with making these appointments will see us flourish, remember it's all new too him, he doesn't seem shy getting his monies out, he looks/speaks serious.

UTO

I meant the OS link, not the Stars...

I know you did, if I'd known the Star link wasn't working I'd have posted the other one!

I just got lucky, chose the best link that someone else posted, I didn't come back on here til after the conference.

The guy has that bit of cockiness and arrogance about him, but without the dullness of jones and gray.

Suave media friendly. Doesn't seemed fussed about the "pressures" of playing at home.

In turkey if you loose your first game your fired.........

survived at big clubs around the world

obviously has a methodology and a game plan.

Has absolutely no fear of the opposition sides. Bristol City ? Pah. Try playing in Istanbul now thats a big city.

could be good this.

It is nice to have a charismatic manager once again, especially after the likes of Jones and Irvine. Carvahal made a far better impression than them, especially considering his mother tongue isnt English. Introduced his ideas very well, seems likeable and deserves a lot of credit for persuading Matias to join. Definitely good that hes managed mssive clubs before, so definately wont be overawed like many past managers. I have a very good feeling about CC and I dont often say this, lets not expect miracles right away though and give him time to implement his ideas.

The new signings will certainly make q big differende too though. Bloody excited for next year, what an odd feeling!

Thank FO for the rundown of the press conference and thanks for the vid DMX.

First chance I've had to see/hear what's been said, it's all very positive really.......we've got ourselves a charismatic coach and a not so charismatic owner.

He might not be charismatic, but there's something comforting(comforting's the wrong word, but can't think of the right one so going with it) about Dejphon, he looks a humble bloke, unassuming almost, but with an edge.

Although knowing nowt about footy he seems to have a vision in his head of what he wants, and seemingly prepared to do and spend whatever it takes........even if it goes tittybongos up at first, DC gives me confidence that he'll act and not be happy with failure.

Getting quite excited by it all, and at my age that's no mean feat.......the club has desperately needed a kick up the arse for so long, praying now that it works out for DC.......and us, especially the younguns who have only witnessed mediocrity.