kim bo-kyung

Agree it would be nice to get a 20 goal a season striker problem is he breaks his leg first match and your 20 goal a season striker is out for a big lump of the season. Better as others have said score goals from other parts of the pitch. Have two 10 goal a season players then if one gets injured you still got one left.

Hmm or maybe having a 20 goal striker and have players like May and Bus as back up in case something goes wrong would be good too.. I think bournemouth and Watford were happy enough to have 20 goal strikers

A team with attacking intent for a number of players, doesn't need this mythical 20 goal a striker that any club can buy at the drop of a hat.

It's an interesting one this, the championship has always had teams at the top with strikers putting plenty away but this is mainly because they are good teams creating changes.

It can be done either way, in 2012/13 Cardiff top scorer had less than 10 but then last season Watford had two 20 goal strikers (but so did Blackburn and what good did it do them?)

He seems a cut above some of the others we've been linked with. I'd take him, and wouldn't have minded the Kramer guy. The only one who has really excited me so far, was Ricardo, head and shoulders above anyone else mentioned. Shame it was a no go. The ones we've signed don't inspire me much, useful though they'll prove to be, but they won't get you out of your seat. Last year, we had players who could do a steady job, and who achieved good results against decent sides, but we lacked players who excite. Hopefully this is just the unglamorous part of the recruitment, with the exciting stuff yet to come.

Guest wilyfox

We should be coming to the good part very soon. Our squad is crying out for some creativity and attacking quality. The next couple of weeks should be pretty busy. We need as many of our recruits to make the plane to Portugal as possible.

I can perhaps see us bringing on one striker, but I think we'll stick with Helan and Dielna for the left back spots.

And to be fair, Helan needs the opportunity to nail that position down. At times last season, he looked like he'd finally found his feet at left back, only to be inexplicably moved for little reason. And towards the end of the season, his confidence was shot, and he looked awful again.

Given time, and regular games in the left back position, I still think Helan could be a major player for us. He's a genuine modern day full back, athletic, strong, quick, loves getting forward. But, like many, he's a confidence player. A good run in the side, and knowing he's first choice, could be the making of him.

Hes more of an athlete than a footballer. He cant cross and 8 times out of 10 makes the wrong decision.

Having brought Hunt in to improve our options at a position where we were adequatley covered, I would be schocked if we start the season with either Dielna or Helan as our first choice left back.

Hes more of an athlete than a footballer. He cant cross and 8 times out of 10 makes the wrong decision.

Having brought Hunt in to improve our options at a position where we were adequatley covered, I would be schocked if we start the season with either Dielna or Helan as our first choice left back.

It's starting to look like my 12-14 new recruits may not be so far fetched

Would be nice to have replacements for Helan and Nuhiu but apart from that it looks an exciting team.

And lavery, not sure if you're going to play lavery that position best suits him but not sure he'd get enough goals as main striker either

I'm hoping CC brings out in best in lavery & may.

I don't think you'll see these two dropping so deep/out wide, defending from the front etc.

these two need to play on the shoulder of the last defender & hopefully wuth better players around them & attacking tactics we'll see them in a different light.

both have time on their side & should be preserved with.

We should be coming to the good part very soon. Our squad is crying out for some creativity and attacking quality. The next couple of weeks should be pretty busy. We need as many of our recruits to make the plane to Portugal as possible.

Agreed. Let's hope so.

We need some flair, assists and creativity.

Genuinely think that Lavery's best position is a left forward. Pretty much every goal / assist he's had for us he has come inside from the left channel.

He shouldn't be on the left of a midfield 4, but I think he is very well suited to being on the left of an attacking 3