Demy de Zeeuw

Only on owlstalk could the possibility of a 2nd tier team signing a top class midfielder with experience of winning titles across Europe and competing in World Cup semi finals be met with negativity and worry.

was just thinking that myself. Let's go back to signing the James O'Connors and jimmy smiths of this world.

Only on owlstalk could the possibility of a 2nd tier team signing a top class midfielder with experience of winning titles across Europe and competing in World Cup semi finals be met with negativity and worry.

Yep, I said on the other thread that replacing the likes of Corry with this guy would be very good and it got greeted with a are you serious? Comment. Only on owlstalk!

Quite clearly had/has ability.

It's pleasing that we are looking a this type of player. As a DM it is not enough to simply protect the defence and offer nothing going forward if we want to be threat in the league. We need a bigger contribution and IF De Zeeuw is fit, and IF he does end up earning a place then I can see him offering more than what we have.

Don't get me wrong, I like Semedo and Hutchinson (not seen enough or Melo yet to form an opinion) but both lack the vision or creativity to be an attacking threat as well as defensive cover. If this guy can bring both to the table then lets take a good look.

Guest Distraught!

Yet again someone is written off just because they are the wrong side of 30.

Just to point out that I also meant the wrong side of thirty (not twenty) in the post above.  :blush:

Demy de Zeeuw in its search for a new employer stranded in England . In the coming days, the midfielder has to prove herself at Sheffield Wednesday .

The 32 -year-old De Zeeuw relegated last season with NAC and left on a free transfer . The midfielder has not yet found a new club and has now ended up at Sheffield Wednesday , a club which plays in the English Championship. This is the second level of England.

De Zeeuw again recently voiced publicly that he is a free agent and is looking for a new employer . Still, there are not many clubs interested in his services.

They make him sound so promising