Why the lack of any kind of statement?

If the club come out with a statement I can guarantee there will be thread after thread analysing every word and every punctuation mark.

We will then have threads calling for clarification and threads complaining about the threads calling for clarification.

Owlstalk at it's wonderful best.

It's simple.

Every time somebody creates a thread on Owlstalk whinging about exactly the same thing as the last 20 threads on Owlstalk, they postpone the announcement by another hour.

You've just pushed it into the 17/18 season. I hope you're happy.

There's noting to say.

Although Mandaric I think would have issued a "Everything is progressing well, I appreciate everyones patience and I assure you all decisions are being made for the good of the club", which would have told us nothing but placated somewhat. 

Maybe they don't see it as important as we do?

The rest of the committee is targeting players and working on transfers and the rest of it....

We're waiting on an announcement regarding who is going to train the players and pick the team, and the players aren't back for another week is it?

It's simple, the club will speak when it has something to say

The only problem with that is the impatient "I want it now brigade" and the "world is about end crew" who fall over themselves to prove the world of SWFC is living on borrowed time

They'll go away soon enough

Because there is nothing to tell and it would do nothing more than satisfy your impatience

there is something to tell though...

the lack of press releases just covers up any, and (hopefully) all shortcomings they may make before and during negotiations and appointments...

at the present time, without (virtually) anything being set in concrete, a big enough part of the fanbase is still positive about the appointment, or rather lack of it...

and as the committee will highlight, select, and secure the players needed, the coach to coach them wasn't required last week, or even this...

Guest Ferkorf

Our fans are way too impatient

Most say we have a right to be impatient we pay good money, which again is a false statement as half the people I see or hear moaning haven't been to a game since the 90's or bought a shirt since it was on sale for a tenner.

there is something to tell though...

the lack of press releases just covers up any, and (hopefully) all shortcomings they may make before and during negotiations and appointments...

at the present time, without (virtually) anything being set in concrete, a big enough part of the fanbase is still positive about the appointment, or rather lack of it...

and as the committee will highlight, select, and secure the players needed, the coach to coach them wasn't required last week, or even this...

In short, they haven't managed to complete anything, so there's nothing to announce Edited by gurujuan

Well said, Beavertown. Too many fans demand an update on affairs every day, as a minimum. They should bear in mind that business is not conducted in this way. Talks about the appointment of a Manager, Head Coac h or even who cuts the grass,are never decided on the spot, but takes negotiation. These could last over a number of days/weeks, and often there is simply nothing to tell.Next thing we shall be asking for an update on the length of the grass as it grows.The 'pitch' thread has shown  how few people understand the workings, and are quickly Masters of the technique. A lot of business is carried on behind closed doors, or simply that a player/manage has been made an offer and has not made up his mind, or is trying to get better terms for himself. The club has not been slow to announce the fact that numerous players have been offered, and after careful thought, have accepted these terms.

I, too, am impatient, and would love to see announcements by the club about the signing of so-and-so, but where negotiations are taking place, these should be done quietly and discreetly, and announced ONLY on completion.