Part timers of owls talk

Move the stadium closer to my house and I'm in. Although I play golf on Saturdays, so actually, I'm in once we qualify for the Europa League (not the champions league - not as convenient for me and also marginally less likely to happen) and play mainly on Sundays and Thursdays. Plus the moving the stadium closer to me thing too.

In summary, ill be there on the reg very soon.

I'm a true fan so won't comment on the OP.

But, in a similar way that penalties and tap ins don't count for a Wednesday player's goal scoring record, should "bump" posts be discounted from an Owlstaker's posting record?

Hmmm...not sure, really.

I suppose we could use brackets like they do to indicate substitute appearances: 10,260 posts (3,571 'bumps')?

But then are we undermining the complex layers of meaning potentially conveyed by the utterance of 'bump'?

Guest WESTENDOWL

there`s

I've only ever watched us on the radio.

Which colour are we again?

There is a lot think we used to play in green and black stripes

For me to go week in week out it would simply have to be good value for money!

I've gone to about 4-7 games a season over last 8 seasons and I've had 4-5 season tickets in the past.

I had it hard parting with hard earned cash to watch average crap (many times below this). For example Tuesday match after work last season playing Birmingham playing out the most boring 0 0 draw ever!!

Personally I prefer a good away day, better atmosphere better value and overall experience.

With the new regime I don't like the fact that they have lumped up the prices and appear to have a fairly incoherent business strategy that from the outside looks although the owner has put thought into it clearly has no experience of managing a football club etc. The fact he has recruited a group of "advisors" Roeder etc illustrates that they truly are clueless when it comes to football in so many levels. In how many other clubs has a structure that they've introduced at SWFC actually succeeded?

Ripping out of the club a experienced manager that had been doing a reasonable job and making steady improvements to....... Nothing??? Clearly this has not been planned otherwise this would have happened swiftly at the end of the season with an immediate replacement! The fact this has not happened shows poor planning and is quite worrying.

I'm quite a positive person but with evidence of behavior of new owner and management I'm quite worried about the direction of the club. I dread to think we would be like Blackburn or Leeds chucking good money at a situation that simply could be better achieved through good management to a degree!

Whilst there is a clear lack of direction, lack of a "message" and cohesion in the team/club I'm not motivated to spend my money to support that.

Whilst Milan was at the club I was a lot more positive, nice guy, good business head. You could easily respect the guy and his direction and plans. He was transparent, bright and his goal was obvious. Equally I'd happily spend money to go watch the team occasionally to support that (occasionally because it was painfully crap most of the time)

Anyway that's my thoughts!

Edited by wildgust

I am truly amazed at the amount of posters on here with opinions on everything concerning Wednesday who do not go to games!!....................but there again!.........maye im not that suprised when i think about it!! WTF:

Guest WESTENDOWL

I am amazed at the number of people on owlstalk that think they know better than the Management team just because they have a season ticket

I am truly amazed at the amount of posters on here with opinions on everything concerning Wednesday who do not go to games!!....................but there again!.........maye im not that suprised when i think about it!! WTF:

If we get to Wembley pal I will be there.

I have the big match mentality like Messi.

You are more of a Darren Persse slogging it out in the lower leagues. No class.

For me to go week in week out it would simply have to be good value for money!

I've gone to about 4-7 games a season over last 8 seasons and I've had 4-5 season tickets in the past.

I had it hard parting with hard earned cash to watch average crap (many times below this). For example Tuesday match after work last season playing Birmingham playing out the most boring 0 0 draw ever!!

Personally I prefer a good away day, better atmosphere better value and overall experience.

With the new regime I don't like the fact that they have lumped up the prices and appear to have a fairly incoherent business strategy that from the outside looks although the owner has put thought into it clearly has no experience of managing a football club etc. The fact he has recruited a group of "advisors" Roeder etc illustrates that they truly are clueless when it comes to football in so many levels. In how many other clubs has a structure that they've introduced at SWFC actually succeeded?

Ripping out of the club a experienced manager that had been doing a reasonable job and making steady improvements to....... Nothing??? Clearly this has not been planned otherwise this would have happened swiftly at the end of the season with an immediate replacement! The fact this has not happened shows poor planning and is quite worrying.

I'm quite a positive person but with evidence of behavior of new owner and management I'm quite worried about the direction of the club. I dread to think we would be like Blackburn or Leeds chucking good money at a situation that simply could be better achieved through good management to a degree!

Whilst there is a clear lack of direction, lack of a "message" and cohesion in the team/club I'm not motivated to spend my money to support that.

Whilst Milan was at the club I was a lot more positive, nice guy, good business head. You could easily respect the guy and his direction and plans. He was transparent, bright and his goal was obvious. Equally I'd happily spend money to go watch the team occasionally to support that (occasionally because it was painfully crap most of the time)

Anyway that's my thoughts!

So in this age of your Swansea, Hull, Burnley, Southampton, Watford, Leicester swanning around in the money pit of Premier League Football you want to carry on in the same sweet way that has brought us exactly what over the last twenty years?

We may fail at trying something different, but for goodness sake give it a chance!

If we get to Wembley pal I will be there.

I have the big match mentality like Messi.

You are more of a Darren Persse slogging it out in the lower leagues. No class.

Extra part time points for not knowing how to spell an ex strikers name.