early planning ipswich away

I'm intending to go from Northampton, will be my first away game in a long time , my uncle is a season ticket holder at Portman Road and was going to get in the home end but we both agreed be much better in our own ends.

When do tickets roughly go on sale and is there a decent chance of getting one? I know we'll sell out probably.If not be home end better than nothing.

any train buffs got best idea of cheapest trains from york 'can do it for £62 for 2 of us with two together card think thats a good deal but theres an hour wait in peterborough so any pubs close by ?

Decent Spoons in Cowgate across the road from the train station, The Drapers Arms

Last season's info was as follows. There's usually a higher priced batch for larger followings;

The Owls travel to Ipswich on Tuesday 10 February (7.45pm) and the ticket details are as follows:

SWFC have been allocated an initial batch of 1,000 tickets.

Within the allocation are 100 tickets for the Family Area.

Tickets are priced as follows in block V1/V2:

Adults

£26

60 and over and full time students£19

Under 20s£18

Under 16s£10.50

Tickets are priced as follows in the Family Area:

Adults£21

60 and over and full time students£16

Under 20s£15

Under 16s£5.50

Please note this area is only available to purchase at the Ticket Office and can only be sold at a ratio of no more than two adults to one junior.

Ambulant Disabled and wheelchair users who are not Away Season Ticket holders must book their tickets direct with Ipswich Town by contacting their Disability Liaison Officer, Warner Duff on 01473 400556 from Monday 19 January onwards.

Inter City Owl departs at 1.30pm. and prices are as follows:

Adults: £27

Children: £26

Tickets and travel sale details:

Monday 19 January: Season Ticket holders

Thursday 22 January: Owls Members and Foundation Members

Monday 26 January: General sale

Please note that sales dates are subject to availability.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Ticket Office, at the Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop or by telephone on 0871 900 1867 (£2 booking fee per ticket)

Supporters who attend this game and purchase in advance will receive ten Ticket Priority Points.

Read more at

any train buffs got best idea of cheapest trains from york 'can do it for £62 for 2 of us with two together card think thats a good deal but theres an hour wait in peterborough so any pubs close by ?

I've tried and best I can see is what you've already got

A friend of mine who lives down that way has been offered a box for the match. The earliest I could set off after work would be 10am. Think that is doable? 3 hours or so down M1 ... What time does everyone usually set off for Ipswich away. I want to be in the convoy.