1-10 on the whelm scale - where are you?

I'd say about a 5 too

I wasn't expecting Klopp, Allardyce, or Lambert. So I'd have prefer we had kept Gray tbh

A straight appointment of Sheridan or Cooper, would have drawn comparisons with Wilson & Laws. 

Carvalhal's CV isn't great, but atleast we have the hope of the unknown

Guest Distraught!

I can't say this has driven me to opening another pack of digestives but, as it's going to happen anyway, I will make the most of it and pray that it turned out to be an inspirational and visionary appointment after all..

I can't say this has driven me to opening another pack of digestives but, as it's going to happen anyway, I will make the most of it and pray that it turned out to be an inspirational and visionary appointment after all..

Is that your wife's pi?

Well whelmed.

Whelming all over the world.

Whelmilicious.

Peer of the whelm.

It's a total whelmathon.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Whelm.

...probably around a 6.

I've got over the initial disappointment of Gray's departure and started to consider the wider context. If we're going to make the director of football setup work, then we need a head coach whose philosophy is closely aligned with Roeder's. If we get the system in place as it should be, then Carvalhal's appointment, and possible departure at some point in the future, shouldn't seismically alter the progress of our club.

At least I hope that's the model we're heading towards...

I'm cautiously optimistic. A few decent signings will nudge me towards a total whelmgasm (so, like an 8).

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem