Carvalhal - YES or NO

Guest _Ibbo_

Yes he might as well come to Hillsborough. Any decent manager wouldn't want to touch the head coach job with a barge pole. He is just as likely to succeed or fail as anyone else. I wouldn't want to come to Hillsborough for any amount of money. Sadly the track record with this club with managers would instantly put me off.

Not sure what you mean there. Had less managers over the last decade than the blades.

The key thing for me is that this was all so unnecessary. All we needed to do to push on was keep our best players at the club and spend a bit of money on half a dozen good quality additions. It's not like we were a million miles off last season.

Instead we have all this disruption and no one seems to have a clue what's going on...

Guest SolihullOwl

It looks like the media "may" have jumped the gun. Is it possible that Carlos being interviewed by Wednesday and him missing out on the other job has led them to conclude he's coming to Wednesday when in actual fact he's one of several to be interviewed.

Don't forget Sheridan walked away from Plymouth to be up north only days before Gray was gone! Could it be Sheridan was earmarked for a coaching role and Gray objected wanting his own man on board and then Deehan also went!

Its certainly not implausible!

If it's what the decision makers at the club want then it has to be a yes. The one's who made the decision can be given a bonus or the sack depending on how it all turns out, but for me the decision should be unanimous within the committee and not just left to one man, especially if that one man is the one who upset Gray so much that he had to leave.

For me, letting Gray go was a big mistake. We had a chance to build on something that was solid and there was plenty of scope to improve on in the quality of performances and win percentages at home. Coaches could have been added to pep up the attack if deemed necessary, but personally, I think the man that masterminded our biggest win in 27 years, was more than capable of giving us good attacking football if only he had some good attacking players.

With the new bloke, whoever he is, it is more a case of rip it up and start again and if this was always going to be the way forward it should have been done at the end of last season, so that the new man could asses his squad and rebuild. Ok Gray has done that for whoever comes in, but if it is CC, then he has a hell of a lot to catch up on and in a very short time.

If DC and his committee want the man then wheel him in, back him to the hilt and let's see how far he can take us. DC can always get rid of him before Christmas and wheel a more conventional character in if it all goes wrong. If DC is prepared to buy a squad to satisfy every manager he brings in, then let him go for the high risk option as long as he can fund it. CC doing well is also an option and if he does then DC can save a bit of dosh and get crowned as the new blue and white messiah. 

A resounding NO from me , but it's obviously his job so I will support him as i would any other manager/coach

Finding it hard to understand the delay in his appointment here though, everybody apart from Alan Nixon seems to be absolutely in the dark with whatever's happening at Hillsborough