Carvalhal - YES or NO

In all seriousness, and I think I'm being rather diplomatic in my choice of words here: Carvalhal certainly has a lot to do to prove he has what it takes. I'm really hoping this isn't a decision being taken just so we can get cozy with Chelski and the super-agent, and that this is done on merit with the snuggling up to higher powers just being an added bonus... 

When egos get involved in football, it rarely ends well.

I've always considered the best way to have a successful football club is to have the stability a long term manager brings. Find the right person and give them time to build the team, train the players in the style required and develop young players.

Carvalhal, doesn't seem to fit that scenario, in fact he is as far away from it as you can get.

Having said that, Continental teams work on different lines with managers changing almost annually. Some of them are very successful, so maybe that's the way to go.

I'm not happy with the current situation and this guy wouldn't be first on my list but as we have no say in the matter it doesn't matter what any of us think.

It is going to be an "interesting" year.

(There is an old Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times". ) 

In all seriousness, and I think I'm being rather diplomatic in my choice of words here: Carvalhal certainly has a lot to do to prove he has what it takes. I'm really hoping this isn't a decision being taken just so we can get cozy with Chelski and the super-agent, and that this is done on merit with the snuggling up to higher powers just being an added bonus... 

yeah were getting someone totally unsuitable so we can get some kids from Chelsea...jeeesus h chrrrist

Read same Star article and am similarly surprised that he may be appointed. I can understand letting Gray go - though would have preferred he had a shot with financial input. However, in answer to the question, for me it is a clear cut "No".

No bigger ego than the man at chelsea, but you're right Carvalhal will have a lot to prove

If he is the man then good luck to him

Guest _Ibbo_

No.

This summer has gone completely **** up. 

Pearson buggered off to Leeds.

Gray has been binned for no explicable reason. 

Then to top it all off....... 

We get linked with a completely unkown foreign journeyman coach who has been sacked by some clubs after just less than 10 games in charge on horrific runs.

All we needed to build on last season was another C/H a winger and a forward and McGugan. 

Three / four good players would have put us within touching distance of top 6.

I'm not being funny. but Wednesday have recruited Jack Charlton, Big Ron, Howard Wilkinson, Megson.

All serious good managers with experince of the english leagues in our lifetimes.

Even Brian Laws had success.

Then to go out on a punt to an unknown foreigner.

Whoever is advising CC needs sacking. I suspect Glenn R......  

Edited by _Ibbo_

No.

We get linked with a completely unkown foreign journeyman coach who has been sacked by some clubs after just less than 10 games in charge on horrific runs.

All we needed to build on last season was another C/H a winger and a forward and McGugan. 

I'm not being funny. but Wednesday have recruited Jack Charlton, Big Ron, Howard Wilkinson, Megson.

All serious good managers with experince of the english leagues in our lifetimes.

Sorry to wee wee on your chips but according to google

Summer begin's 21 June

but IF the committee (and he may be on that committee, we don't know) are doing the targeting and recruitment???

If Gray was then I assume he will be too.

No.

No explicable reason? You were all for it a few days ago.

Having slept on this for a few nights only reason I could see to appoint this man is if the one you want is not available and you want interim until he is. Average length of time at a club under 20 matches so doubt he will make it to Christmas.

but gray would have fitted that bill...

No.

I don't want any dinosaurs from the Jurassic Age...I want the club with a modern set up...like all the big clubs in Europe...it's time for the club to grow again...we'll not do it by reverting back to the failures we have endured for the last twenty years...flipping Megson ffs

Guest _Ibbo_

I don't want any dinosaurs from the Jurassic Age...I want the club with a modern set up...like all the big clubs in Europe...it's time for the club to grow again...we'll not do it by reverting back to the failures we have endured for the last twenty years...******* Megson ffs

Reverting back to the failures ?

Megson has two promotions to the PL, with WBA. And got Bolton to the Top 10 in the Primer League, and a victory over Althetico Madrid. 

this chap hasn't had a club in three years.... 

And got sacked from two club for horrific runs . 

It has to be a smokescreen. 

Has to be. 

If you compare CVs..... Megson has a better one. 

I thought we had someone seriously good lined up to be honest. 

Edited by _Ibbo_

Guest Darth Sturrock

A big fat NO from me.

We simply HAVE to get it right this time. It's in Mr. Chansiri's best interests to get this right.

There is no point in letting Stuart Gray go, if we are going to replace him with a manager/coach who is a journeyman with a rubbish track record.

I hope beyond hope that this fella's name being linked with us is just smoke and mirrors!

Guest Distraught!

Reverting back to the failures ?

Megson has two promotions to the PL, with WBA. And got Bolton to the Top 10 in the Primer League, and a victory over Althetico Madrid. 

this chap hasn't had a club in three years.... 

And got sacked from two club for horrific runs . 

It has to be a smokescreen. 

Has to be. 

If you compare CVs..... Megson has a better one. 

I thought we had someone seriously good lined up to be honest. 

But what does Megson know about standard morphocycles?  gary megson

No. Absolutely not.

Why sack Gray because we have a vision of getting promoted then hire this guy.

We need experience in England/Championship.

Exactly.

Feels like the loonies have taken over the asylum. 

Get this man in NOW! gary megson

No.

This

Guest totemowl

A big fat NO from me.

We simply HAVE to get it right this time. It's in Mr. Chansiri's best interests to get this right.

There is no point in letting Stuart Gray go, if we are going to replace him with a manager/coach who is a journeyman with a rubbish track record.

I hope beyond hope that this fella's name being linked with us is just smoke and mirrors!

Have you even looked at his track record?