Carvalhal - YES or NO

It's a no from me but after a sleep and a while to think about it I'm less opposed today than I was yesterday. I'd suspected from the moment Gray was sacked that his successor would be a foreign coach, as they would probably be more open minded to the committee set up. I don't particularly mind us bringing in a foreign coach who will bring in a different way of looking at things. However, I would have preferred someone who has been able to hold on to a job for more than 2 years. His experience is pretty good, though he hasn't exactly set the world on fire at the bigger clubs he's been at, but it seems clubs tire of him rather quickly and I really didn't want to be back wondering who our next manager is going to be within 18 months. 

Guest nick87 owl

If the chosen one really did but his name forward then my answer is YES

Would prefer big Sam as he will a lot more English links

If the chosen one really did but his name forward then my answer is YES

Would prefer big Sam as he will a lot more English links

Guest conisbrough

No.

Not worked as coach for 3 years. Managers do not suddenly come good with 15th job.

With financial backing we can attract a lot better. Billy McKinley, Gary Rowett, Ian Cartho would prefer any of them over him.

A recommendation by any manager for someone with same agent has himself is a worry.

It's the chairman's decision and I doubt he will be bothered either way about the fans opinions, the only ones he'll probably listen to will be the committee and maybe Aldridge and MM. My personal opinion is that it was the right decision to get rid of Stuart Gray but CC's appointment would be underwhelming in my point of view and not was I think we need. So its an emphatic no for me. CC seems like a stop-gap journeyman, who doesn't look like an appointment to build something special with.

Ideally I would much rather us go for someone proven like Big Sam or if we are going to take a chance on an up and coming foreigner and big name then I would rather us take a chance on someone like Dennis Bergkamp or even someone like JFH. However I just can't see us attracting someone like Big Sam here, not until we are back in the top flight to be honest.  Which puts us in a tricky situation, it's hard to say who is realistic and who isn't and the better more proven big names might be out of our reach still even with our new owner and bigger budget. It's a tough decision, one that we need to get right or it seems as though we could be back in a never-ending heavy cycle of ditching managers/head coaches.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

If he comes and gets us playing decent attacking football, I frankly don't care about his past jobs/rep.  I'd rather take a risk on a guy and maybe get some entertainment than spend another season watching predictable boring football.  Its a "Yes" from me, purely on the grounds we need a different approach to what we've had in recent years.

I'll support the next manager regardless of who it is until there is a justifiable reason not to.

Support goes part and parcel with it, no matter who it is but it seems a unjustified, random and barmy decision to replace Gray with a stop-gap journeyman who rarely stays with a club for any longer than several months or so at a time. It's an exciting time to be a Wednesdayite with Chansiri as our owner and the upgrade of the facilities and bigger and more competitive budget but it looks like we could be stuck in another cycle of ditching managers once or twice a year again. Unlike the recent past and past 15 years, we hopefully got the resources and budget now to be able to rectify our mistakes in due course, even though it feels unstable and extreme.

Guest totemowl

Support goes part and parcel with it, no matter who it is but it seems a unjustified, random and barmy decision to replace Gray with a stop-gap journeyman who rarely stays with a club for any longer than several months or so at a time. It's an exciting time to be a Wednesdayite with Chansiri as our owner and the upgrade of the facilities and bigger and more competitive budget but it looks like we could be stuck in another cycle of ditching managers once or twice a year again. Unlike the recent past and past 15 years, we hopefully got the resources and budget now to be able to rectify our mistakes in due course, even though it feels unstable and extreme.

We've ditched managers altogether.

Now we follow the model of Man City, Southampton and others where a coach is brought in to deliver short term success and if he doesn't succeed then we simply replace him with another coach.

Should be a bit more robust and sustainable than ditching a manager and his five year plan every couple of years or so.

A big fat massive humongous NO

This is the most important managerial appointment for a long long time, and to take a gamble seems foolish

Its a massive yes from me!!!.........Owts better than  gary megson