One thing this whole debacle highlights..

.. is that with this new committee system no-one knows who is to blame for unpopular decisions. People have been speculating that Roeder is pulling the strings, or that Chansiri is making poor choices because he knows nowt about football. Whoever the new 'head coach' is, you can be sure they will get the blame for poor results on the pitch.

A cynic would suggest this is the whole point of such a set-up....

.. is that with this new committee system no-one knows who is to blame for unpopular decisions. People have been speculating that Roeder is pulling the strings, or that Chansiri is making poor choices because he knows nowt about football. Whoever the new 'head coach' is, you can be sure they will get the blame for poor results on the pitch.

A cynic would suggest this is the whole point of such a set-up....

I think its quite clear from the club statement that Mr C takes full responsibility. Roeder works for Mr C and will have a JD and roles & responsibilities, and a failure to deliver these means he will go the same way. Not sure why people think football is different to any other business.

I think its quite clear from the club statement that Mr C takes full responsibility. Roeder works for Mr C and will have a JD and roles & responsibilities, and a failure to deliver these means he will go the same way. Not sure why people think football is different to any other business.

Drinking on the job is a bit unprofessional....

time will tell whether its right or wrong....Thanks anyhow Stu.....I reckon the decision will have been Roeders.....

chansiri admits he know nowt of football, Pearson has gone...Chansiris son?....

Points to Mr Roeder doesn't it?

I expected it...and I readily admit the football was dire at times last season, all down to Gray?, surely some was down to a lack of backing from an incumbent who was negotiating his way out of the club.

The tactics though?..down to Stuart...

So here we go into an era where  its success at any price.....Hold on to yer bobble hats

Football served up at home was dire.

I liked Gray, he was impossible not to like. However he wasn't the man to instill a sense of urgency in the players needed for a promotion push

Sentiment gets you nowhere.

Chansiri deserves alot of credit for making the right (but tough) decision, at the right time, especially if he gets the new appointment spot on

Let's not kid ourselves that Gray would be out of a job now if the Petrescu move hadn't leaked out.

The leak of that information into the public domain made SG's position untenable & forced Chansiris hand.

It must tell us all something if Petrescu chose Tinpot FC over the budget that our new regime put infront of him, so I'm concerned about the calibre of replacement we'll get 

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong & see a quality appointment that matches our hopes

Is anyone really that bothered that Petrescu chose Tinpot FC though? Is he what we need as manager at this moment?  The leak may have forced DC's hand, but I'm not fussed Desperate Dan turned us down.

There must be better candidates who have actually achieved something in a 'major' league?

Jokanovic for starters.

Let's not kid ourselves that Gray would be out of a job now if the Petrescu move hadn't leaked out.

The leak of that information into the public domain made SG's position untenable & forced Chansiris hand.

It must tell us all something if Petrescu chose Tinpot FC over the budget that our new regime put infront of him, so I'm concerned about the calibre of replacement we'll get

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong & see a quality appointment that matches our hopes

lol

Been waiting for this to happen since he bought the Club.

I said it at the time Stuart gray would have been a good manager to keep if MM had stayed in charge.

But with DC going for promotion and spending the money to acheive this, then a new manager would be needed

I can't see how this can be described as a "debacle", especially if we get someone decent in during the next week, of which there is a good chance.

And until we seen who comes next we can't really say this is a bad decision from the chairman.

Also I don't think its an unpopular call.

The OP wrong on all counts!

Whether the committee is working or not remains to be seen. But all I see right now is a new owner restructuring the club he just dropped 30 million quid on.

Let's be honest Chansiri didn't see many positive games at Hillsborough last season, so it's hardly surprising. And he isn't obliged to show the type of loyalty people are asking for.

We have to accept it and look forward to what (hopefully) will be a good managerial appointment.