How Common Is It To Support More Than One Team?

Guest sotonowl

I couldn't support anyone else but I do occasionally look out for Tacuarys (where the flip is that I hear you ask) and my missis loves watching Barcelona (can't say I blame her). Took her a few years ago now, had a great week in a great city. Saw Barca play Real Betis (4-2) and saw all the stars.

£800 for 2 tickets so won't be doing that again any time soon but for a one off it really was a great day out.

Oh, and after the game bumped into a load of geordies in a bar with their tops on. They started taking the pee about the Owls so I just had to upset them, they just can't take a joke that lot. lol

Never, ever understood the idea of supporting two teams.

I live between Hull and Bridlington and now Hull have been relegated it won't be long before many folk around here return to, "Tigers and Man United."

Some folk around here are genuinely perplexed when I say I couldn't care less how Hull have got on.

A colleague switched support from Charlton to Hull due to his kids supporting the latter and I was always impressed he was up front about it.

Mate at university was/is a Liverpool fan and he summed it up when he said, "92 league clubs. I love one do not care at all about 90 others and detest one - Man United." Pretty much exactly how I feel except it's the Pigs I loathe. The only credit I can give the Pigs is they conduct themselves exactly as a loathsome bunch of swine should.

P.S. - hypocrite alert - I do care about how North Ferriby United do as I was born in the village.

so what IF us and them get to the fa cup final??? WTF:

Like the OP, I enjoy watching my "other" teams but I can hardly claim I support them. My second team, if you like, is Porto and the reasons are that on my first visit to Portugal I swapped my Wednesday shirt for a Porto shirt with a local. I saw him wearing it on several occasions too (WAWAW :biggrin:). I have the 2013 Porto shirt too and if you think our shirt prices are expensive, I paid €85.00 (at the time nearly £70.00) for it and that was cheapest I could get it for.

I have been to Estadio do Dragao, but to watch Muse not Porto. Great stadium, great gig.

Another team I used to follow the results for is Inter Milan, again because they play in blue. I went to the San Siro in January this year to watch them play. They lost 0-1 to a 90 minute goal. The football was awful. Stadium is amazing, but less than half full.

And lastly, and this is all down to a joke, Stenhousemuir. I had to pick one of the worst teams in Scottish football, so I chose them. Never seen them play.

However, nothing can even come close to how I feel about Wednesday. I might like these other teams for various reasons but I care passionately about Wednesday. Never will there ever be another team that will even come close.

My brother and Old man have a season ticket for Stenhousemuir (also play in Maroon) as well as their ones at Hillsborough. It's quite a nice wee ground. They have a following from Norway and they paid for one of their stands to be built it think.

Guest sotonowl

My brother and Old man have a season ticket for Stenhousemuir (also play in Maroon) as well as their ones at Hillsborough. It's quite a nice wee ground. They have a following from Norway and they paid for one of their stands to be built it think.

Thats a great story, football is so much more than the premier league

Been Wednesday since my first trip to Hillsborough in the late 70's and always after, but during that time I've "supported" other clubs for different reasons.

In the early 80's, still a kid, I went to Anfield a lot with my Dad as his company sponsored a lot of Liverpool matches. Lunch in the trophy room, meeting players after the games, photos with European cups :) So I always wanted Liverpool to do well at the time. In addition, one of my uncles was a professional player, so I supported his teams too and went to see him play home and away a lot. Principally Lincoln and Notts County (he's a Wednesdayite too, so he never took it badly when we wanted Notts to lose when they played us!). He retired in about '96 and since then, only Wednesday have mattered again.

Phil Turner?

My interest in football has waned over the recent years! I find very little enjoyment in Premier League football - money took over and when you look at the winners of the FA Cup and Premiership over last 15 years it's a whose who of clubs with money. (Save the odd few FA cup winners)

I could never glory seek or support anyone other than Wednesday. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years and went to home games at Sincil Bank for a while but if they lost I didn't give a poo poo.

The league consists of 92 teams. I support Wednesday and don't give a throw about the other 91 ... That includes the blades

My second team is Cádiz (currently in the Spanish third tier). It's where my dad is from. He's been a huge Wednesday fan for 30 years now though.

The English half of my family don't actually like football.

Seen Cadiz play a couple of times, once against Malaga, and once against Ronda.

Great fans. This was yesterday in their play-off match against Real Oviedo...

For a third tier side, it's brilliant support. Unusually for Spain, they travel in numbers and brought about 6,000 to Malaga

I like Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Rotherham United,Leeds United,Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham,Newcastle United, Leicester City, Everton and Southampton 

celt..........err rangers?

I support a number of teams

Obviously Wednesday come first but Deportivo La Coruña are my Spanish team and I fly out to see about 4 games a year.

I lived in Farmborough from 1992 until 2006 and a few of us had season tickets in the early 2000's as they were dirt cheap. They are my 3rd team who I follow rather than support.