How Common Is It To Support More Than One Team?

God forbid such a thing should ever happen, but it's an interesting hypothetical situation to ponder.

It's impossible to know what you'd really do until faced with the situation, but I honestly can't imagine ever following another team in the way I do Wednesday. I'd probably just go to random games of various teams within driving distance as and when I felt like it, though I imagine it would feel pretty soulless.

The desire to 'belong' to a club might be overwhelming at some point, though it would never feel the same, would it?

I'd feel a part of me had died

Used to watch Glapwell when they were in the NCE (and when Wednesday weren't playing, of course).

I like the idea that you should go and watch non-League football when there are no PL and Championship fixtures (such as the annual "Non-League Day"), It goes some way to enable clubs in the lower levels to get the support that they need.

Only shock is that the caller wasnt from Rotherham & Supports them along with Manchester United.

These people arent real fans they are more just football followers which is ok but they wont ever understand truely how good moments like the last minute winners away at Blackburn & Rotherham were last season.

My brother has a season ticket at Almeria because he lives over there but he would never claim he supports them like Wednesday & Thats one of the few things he misses about home.

For me i have Wednesday & Sunday team Reresby Arms which im passionate about after that id quite like some teams to do well but thats about it although id go and watch almost anybody if i had the chance.

Edited by coopswfc76

When I was a little kid I started off supporting Man U, but a mate had brought me along to Hillsborough and the moment I stepped inside that was all gone, it took my breath away. Felt like a proper football fan for the first time.

Nowadays got a ST at Hillsborough but follow Bradford Park Avenue when Wednesday are away and the supporters coach is passing Sheffield, their a great bunch of lads and with it being non-league I don't feel like my affections for the two clubs clash, the difference in football and matchday experience is huge. Wednesday always comes first though.

I'm Wednesday through and through, my family is originally from Sheffield, but I do also support my local non-league (and hometown club) Basingstoke Town, but nowhere near as passionately as I do Wednesday. I also quite like Fiorentina because back when I was a kid before football training I used to watch the Serie A football show and I was instantly drawn to them because they were sponsored by Nintendo and had Batistuta and one of my all-time favourite players Rui Costa.

Supporting 2 clubs is bizarre to me.

Maybe he was born in Bournemouth but they weren't good enough to support so he went with Chelsea, and now that Bournemouth are having a wee moment he's all proud of them now. 

Whiffs of plastic imo. 

Reading this thread, I now fully understand owlstalk. The reason there's so much BS on this site, ' I thought ' was that a lot didn't even go to games, seems now the real reason is that most watch other teams. UTO

Been Wednesday since my first trip to Hillsborough in the late 70's and always after, but during that time I've "supported" other clubs for different reasons.  

In the early 80's, still a kid, I went to Anfield a lot with my Dad as his company sponsored a lot of Liverpool matches.  Lunch in the trophy room, meeting players after the games, photos with European cups :)  So I always wanted Liverpool to do well at the time.  In addition, one of my uncles was a professional player, so I supported his teams too and went to see him play home and away a lot.  Principally Lincoln and Notts County (he's a Wednesdayite too, so he never took it badly when we wanted Notts to lose when they played us!).  He retired in about '96 and since then, only Wednesday have mattered again.

Support Wednesday, follow Juventus because when channel 4 first got the Italian Footy it was after the World Cup in 90 and I thought Baggio was fantastic and he signed from Fio after so I watched Juve. Also like Wycombe from when they were in the conferance under O,Neill and got back to back promotions. I hate more teams than I follow to be honest

I have to go to West Coast Eagles game in two weeks and I feel guilty. It's AFL which is like watching pass-the-parcel but in a sense it's also like watching football from the 1850s so interesting from a historical point of view. Even so I am not looking forward to it (or even the free beer and exec box). Weird huh?