Goodbye Mr Gray?

Fair point,in all honesty,rightly or wrongly I think this has been one of the weakest championships in years and he has struggled.

I really don't dislike the bloke but I honestly cannot see the point in wasting time and money on him when we will only have to start from scratch when he has achieved promotion.

You never give reasons why you want rid of him.  Do you actually have any reasons?  

Stuart Gary has taken us as far as his skills and abilities can take us,we finished in a respectable position.now it's time for a new era with a new style of play under a new management team with brand new ideas to take us to the premiership.Mark Warburton or David weir or gus poyet even...

Did you just slip Weir im there for the laugh?

You never give reasons why you want rid of him. Do you actually have any reasons?

He's annoyed with our home form and thought the football was boring.

Can't dispute that, but it doesn't really justify nine thousand posts about gary megson being the actual son of Christ.

Said it time and time agin, just because we have been dismal for so long as a club on and off the field doesn't mean we should be celebrating a 13th place finish in the championship. We shouldn't gauge succes on our past failures. It's a bit of progress and he's done a decent job with the restrictions he's had, but if we can move Sheffield Wednesday forward and employ a better head coach with more knowledge, better tactics and attacking philosophy amongst other attributes then we should look to progress. Gray comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke who has done a decent job, but we should be aiming as high as possible, that's the way the industry is, like it or lump it.

Whatever happens it might not work out for whoever is in charge, but as a football club we should always be striving for improvement. If that means replacing players then we do it, changing how we operate commercially then do it, changes to the coaching staff/academy/physio/nutritionist even the bloody tea lady then do it. If it means we bring in a new head coach who has a better chance of success then we should do it.

I support SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY and want what's best for the club, not what's best for individuals.

Now see thats a well argued point of view.  

Wrong but well thought out lol.  

I tend to go along with you, but would like to see him kept on in some capacity, as he does seem to have a good rapport with the players.  

So its logical that if he had better quality and better motivated players he would improve the team positively. 

Now see thats a well argued point of view.

Wrong but well thought out lol.

I tend to go along with you, but would like to see him kept on in some capacity, as he does seem to have a good rapport with the players.

So its logical that if he had better quality and better motivated players he would improve the team positively.

lol can't argue with that. I'd be happy for him to stay in a coaching capacity especially working with the defensive side and organisation. Just would like somebody tactically better to pick the side, how we set up vs certain teams. Even with our lack of ability up top last season there were games for the taking if we had set up more positively. Rotherham away really stuck out for me besides the fact we won. It was obvious before a ball was kicked how the game would play out until the last 10 minutes.

As another poster pointed out it might be a bit insulting asking him to pretty much take a demotion, but if he is happy to do so I'd still like him around the club as I beleive he would have a positive influence. I just think there is a better man out there who would have a greater positive influence on the club as a whole.

If we're recruiting the calibre of Glenn Roeder, then surely that's another reason to keep Gray?

Get Warburton in.

I don't see what Warburton offers, that Gray doesn't.

IF Gray were to go though, I wouldn't be adverse to Warburton coming in, despite his lack of experience 

Have to agree 5 wins and the manor of which games for the taking just petered out into draws suggests we need better. He's done ok but saying we finished 13th means he's the man for the job is not really the level of ambition we should be looking for. Brian laws got us to 9th and 12th on smaller budgets when the club was in a worse state. Would anybody want him back?

Have to agree 5 wins and the manor of which games for the taking just petered out into draws suggests we need better. He's done ok but saying we finished 13th means he's the man for the job is not really the level of ambition we should be looking for. Brian laws got us to 9th and 12th on smaller budgets when the club was in a worse state. Would anybody want him back?

In fairness there are worse shouts than Brian Laws.