OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

The frightening thing about that squad is, we have our full quota strikers and most of them are league one at best

Worries me a bit but hopefully one or two will get moved on. Even if it's on loan. I'm still of the opinion we need 3 new strikers. 

Bit surprised, but not all that bothered, that Mattock and Zayatte haven't been offered another year if only as squad players.

It hopefully means that there's some real quality coming to the club in the positions where we've released the cover players.

Pressure is really on to make some wise investments. Money to throw around is one thing but we've got to get lot of our next 15 picks right to move forward.

And talking of forward, we still have the entire forward line - Lavery, May, Nuhiu, McGuire and Bus that failed to score enough goals this year.

I'm truly shocked, I never thought 11 players would go. Must mean big things happening in the summer transfer window. Let's face it, if their contracts were ending last summer, those 11 would probably be resigning. It had to be done. I hope they all find new clubs soon, even madine.

This exactly.....most of those would have been resigned under MM. DC is foooooking going for it!!!!!!  :biggrin:

The frightening thing about that squad is, we have our full quota strikers and most of them are league one at best

would have to disagree there, I still have some hope with may and I do believe with the right service he will score some goals, With Bus we've seen f all, so can we really judge him yet? and Nuhiu IMO a good player to bring on in the last ten to be a menace. Lavery for me is a bit meh and I might have to agree with you on that one, but you never know we get another striker and we might let him go to chesterfield. 

Joe Mattock Wednesday record

Apps 66

Goals 3

Jacques Maghoma

Apps 66

Goals 4

I think that says a lot about the potency of Maghoma as an attacking threat. One more goal than Mattock in the same amount of games.

would have to disagree there, I still have some hope with may and I do believe with the right service he will score some goals, With Bus we've seen f all, so can we really judge him yet? and Nuhiu IMO a good player to bring on in the last ten to be a menace. Lavery for me is a bit meh and I might have to agree with you on that one, but you never know we get another striker and we might let him go to chesterfield.

You could make a case for all of them I suppose, but how is that gonna help us next season It was clear where our problems lie, and which department needs the most surgery. Edited by gurujuan

So given what's left and how bad our development squad is.....how many signings are we realistically looking at this summer?

Got to be 7-8 minimum, surely? If we're going to be challenging for promotion it needs to be quality players as well, not just squad players.

Get t'wallet out Dejphon lad.

Glad we've released the ones we have. Needed better going forward. I expect the ones who have been offered deals will be kept so on a rotation basis too. Should hopefully mean some real quality coming in this summer.

Too many fans have thought average players were world beaters, icons and even legends the past 15 years. Time to remind them and show the younger generation what quality footballers actually look like.