Robbed!

That would make sense. Funny how he waited till isgrove had beaten his man though.

I looked up when I saw Isgrove cross the half way line and saw all of the players bar him and the defender running off the pitch being chased by about 3000 Watford fans so I think he had blown and maybe Isgrove hadn't heard it because he stayed up.

Just not bothered...

The ref certainly took the easy option but to be fair there were 3 mins indicated and we were over 3 mins when they took the corner, ref will simply say time was up.

So, basically, he kept his whistle in his hand long enough to give them a chance to score.

I spoke to Kirkland at Watford Gap services on the way back and he said the ref told them he was going to blow as soon as the corner was cleared so they could all leg it off.  Clearly Isgrove didn't get the message.

END OF THREAD

Anyone think if this situation was the other way round (Watford about to run the ball into an empty net) that the ref would have blown for full time?

Cause not. The ref bottled it big time.

It's odd little discrepancies like this that get brushed under the carpet outside the PL

I remember when big mick ran on our pitch and lynched simek which encouraged the ref to send simek off shortly after. Had that been the PL there'd be uproar but nothing was done about it

Surely ref has to play the correct amount of time.. If time was up, why did he let them take the corner ? If Watford had scored from it, they'd have got title, not Bournemouth. How can he just say I'll blow up when it's cleared ????? That's bizarre

Exactly. Not only that though. By telling them this, they could pile everybody into the box (goalie included) without having to worry about a breakaway goal. That's giving them an unfair advantage in my opinion.

A referee cannot add time on for a corner when time is up.He can however allow a penalty to be taken.If the game had been televised live im sure if there was time left then there would have been an investigation & Watford would be charged with failing to control their fans.

Isgrove was gutted. Poor lad. Bet they haven't got the ball back from him launching it into the crowd.

As where we..

..and on it goes.  "Open, attacking and entertaining football.." only to be tweaked by inattentive referees.

E.G.

The goal scored by Geoff Hurst 1966;

The goal scored by Maradona 1986;

The goal scored by Frank Lampard 2014;

The goal scored by Ritchie 1983;

Linesman in 1996 giving Gascoigne offside against his own lob;

Same thing (different linesman..) against Waddle for Marseille;

Numerous goals and advantages disallowed;

Blatant fouls unpunished;

Handball given for hitting Purse's shoulderblade;

Still, as one moron spouted in monotone on RS last season - "the referee's decision is final" - as if that proves they're infallible.

So it's part of the game, but a bloody annoying part.

we can't replace them with machines just yet.

..One day..

Balls to the mardy southern gets - their fans were bell ends who potentially cost us finishing 12th instead of 13th.

Our goal meant that the only wins on their club "honours list" are still just the third divsion, fourth division and Southern League titles.

Our wee wee poor performance at home against Leeds affected our final league position much more than the ref's decision yesterday.

Just seen it from another angle on the FL show. It's clear the referee is happy to let play continue as we break. He then looks to his left and sees the Watford fans coming on (as you can see from the Instagram video) and decides to blow. I've no doubt he would have let us go on and score if the fans hadn't come on. Sets a very dangerous precedent, imagine if there had been something on our goal?

Edited by mark77

Just seen it from another angle on the FL show. It's clear the referee is happy to let play continue as we break. He then looks to his left and sees the Watford fans coming on (as you can see from the Instagram video) and decides to blow. I've no doubt he would have let us go on and score if the fans hadn't come on. Sets a very dangerous precedent, imagine if there had been something on our goal?

Blowing early happens regularly in these sort of situations, it shouldn't, but it does. For players safety, the referee has to get everyone off the pitch, but technically speaking, the remainder of the game should be played out. Not sure what the precedent would be if a clear goal was denied because of a pitch invasion. It must have happened somewhere before.

Their keeper goes up for the corner, we break and Isgrove is running in on goal to make it 2-1 with no Watford player near and the ref blows for full time.

Unbelievable.

We'd have finished top half as well.

Actually disappointed. 

Ref clearly felt sorry for them. Shame

We always get sheet refs.   :sad:

Yep