Robbed!

The points deduction as a result of the crowd disorder could be damaging though.

How many points are Watford having taken off after today then?

3 points off and a 0-3 defeat awarded should do it - congratulations on your promotion Norwich City.

I think Watford and the ref got away with one there. If we needed the three points to avoid relegation or reach the playoffs, there would be a massive uproar on here, from the club and in the media. Quite what would happen in those circumstances is anyone's guess. The Football League would probably try to claim the ref had blown up before the pitch invasion, but it's clear from the footage that this isn't the case.

As it is, it at least sets a worrying precedent. Let's just hope we never see such an invasion used to cheat the system in a context which really matters.

How many points are Watford having taken off after today then?

3 points off and a 0-3 defeat awarded should do it - congratulations on your promotion Norwich City.

I don't know but the impending crowd disorder was the real issue here not the ref's action IMO.

As it is, it at least sets a worrying precedent. Let's just hope we never see such an invasion used to cheat the system in a context which really matters.

Agree with this. As I said earlier though the Rugby system would have meant that the ref would have had no option but to carry on. Football should follow this IMO.

Guest Maxine

Can't Maxine unless it could be proved that the ref blew early. I know its probably tongue in cheek but there is a serious point IMO re. the rules.

I know I agree with you.

It's so annoying and needs sorting.

74-75 season Man U tried to get games abandoned when they weren't winning by invading the pitch - including the 4-4 at S6.

That behavior was a factor in the fences going up.

We were rubbish, but ref bottled it with that decision

Should've won it for us. Isgrove was understandably pissed off at the end.

would have been his first goal and possibly only goal for us

Balls to the mardy southern gets - their fans were bell ends who potentially cost us finishing 12th instead of 13th.

Our goal meant that the only wins on their club "honours list" are still just the third divsion, fourth division and Southern League titles.

74-75 season Man U tried to get games abandoned when they weren't winning by invading the pitch - including the 4-4 at S6.

That behavior was a factor in the fences going up.

That factor alone, if true, warrants a closer inspection of today's events by the footballing authorities. A clear message needs to be sent out that encroaching on the field of play whilst the game is still 'live' will result in a loss of points.

Coincidentally, the pitch invasion at Blackpool raises similar issues, though the reasoning behind it was obviously very different. I expect some clearer guidance on what happens in such scenarios to result from that game whilst ours is brushed under the carpet, but hopefully any punishment meted out can be applied consistently and without grey areas in future seasons.

The last thing we want is 'copycat' incidents designed to gain an unfair advantage for a team.

Picture this: In the 1929/30 season, Wednesday finished Champions of England.

We also reached the semi-finals of the cup.

At Old Trafford. we took the the lead against Huddersfield only for them to equalise after a blatant handball.

Udders then scored again to take the lead.

In the dying seconds of the game, Wednesday seemed to have drawn level, only for the ref to blow full time just as the ball crossed the line.

And so the chance of an illusive "Double" slipped away...

Bet there was some swearing after that one!

You missed out the worst bit- the ref only played 43 mins in the second half.

I spoke to Kirkland at Watford Gap services on the way back and he said the ref told them he was going to blow as soon as the corner was cleared so they could all leg it off.  Clearly Isgrove didn't get the message.

That would clear things up.