Robbed!

sure we were in a position where it didn't matter, but that decision is a joke

players would have been in the same safety position if isgrove had hit the back of the net.

That is shocking to be fair,

I know it doesnt change much for us but to blow the whistle then in unbelievable

The fault for this kind of incident is really down to the decision makers above the refs. We should follow rugby's lead as I said above which is clearcut on this. I really think that player safety might have been the overriding consideration for the ref here though.

Edited by Dagmeister

Disgusting that.

Would the ref have done the same thing if we needed a win to qualify for the play offs/avoid relegation etc?

I think there's a real possibility that he'd have allowed an extra two or three seconds in that event rightly or wrongly.

thats absolutely shocking! Like said before by others what would have happened if we needed a win to stay up or get in playoffs or get promoted? Is there any financial impact for now finishing lower in the league??

What precedent does it set? Come this time next year we could be on the brink and have an opposition player clean through and do the same then yeah?

In the end player safety will be given as the reason but if we lose money for it because of a lower place finish in the league then I think Watford should pay us compensation for it!

thats absolutely shocking! Like said before by others what would have happened if we needed a win to stay up or get in playoffs or get promoted? Is there any financial impact for now finishing lower in the league??

What precedent does it set? Come this time next year we could be on the brink and have an opposition player clean through and do the same then yeah?

In the end player safety will be given as the reason but if we lose money for it because of a lower place finish in the league then I think Watford should pay us compensation for it!

It'd have to be proved that the ref blew early though.

Has it been confirmed if the ref actually blew for full time because time was up, or was it only a convenient way to get off after the pitch invasion started? From that footage above it looks like the fans were coming on before he blew.

I've got the new tactics sorted for next season. If the opposition are breaking towards goal, everybody on the front row runs on the pitch sharpish, forcing the ref to stop play and restart with a drop ball.

Has it been confirmed if the ref actually blew for full time because time was up, or was it only a convenient way to get off after the pitch invasion started? From that footage above it looks like the fans were coming on before he blew.

I've got the new tactics sorted for next season. If the opposition are breaking towards goal, everybody on the front row runs on the pitch sharpish, forcing the ref to stop play and restart with a drop ball.

The points deduction as a result of the crowd disorder could be damaging though.