Which would you rather IF we went up...

...With football being all about £££ these days and nothing sums it up more than a owner in the prem seeing champions league football more important than a domestic trophy,

So, which would you rather if we went up:

Consolidate in the premier league for the foreseeable future for many years without winning anything?

Or

Only stay up for a couple of seasons, win the league cup or FA cup, play in Europa league then go back down?

Edited by meadowview owl

I'd definitely go with your second option.

I often think that the best things about Wednesday getting back into the Prem would be the promotion season that got us there and the fact that it'd mean we'd probably have better players that might be capable of winning us a cup. It wouldn't be the thought that we could one day pip Stoke City to 13th place. Surely football ought to be about glorious moments, days out and memories and not how much money your club's board has in their bank account.

This is a good article on the very subject:

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2422955/premier-league-casts-a-troubling-shadow-over-football

I was 7 when i saw wednesday win the league cup, I'm 30 now and said previously I would be happy to see in my lifetime win one more major trophy, play in Europe again and have a fair stint in top flight again . Surely not too much to ask?!

Edited by meadowview owl

I was was 7 when i saw wednesday win the league cup, I'm 30 now and said previously I would be happy to see in my lifetime win one more major trophy, play in Europe again and have a fair stint in top flight again . Surely not too much to ask?!

Consider yourself lucky you've seen your team win a major trophy. No United fan alive will have memories of the last time their team won a major trophy!

I want top see us win things but surely consolidating in the Prem is the better option as we then have a solid base to build on, as we have seen dropping out even with the parachute payments does not mean you will go back up.

I want top see us win things but surely consolidating in the Prem is the better option as we then have a solid base to build on, as we have seen dropping out even with the parachute payments does not mean you will go back up.

For poorly run clubs, yes, but those seemingly run sensibly tend to go back up.

You have more chance of going to the moon and back on a Monday then seeing the Queens t*ts the day after then Gray getting us promoted.

Are u in the Gray out brigade by any chance?

Option 1

We have spent 15 years wanting to get back to the premiership would hate to think it was only for 2 years.

Plus we may have wait another 15+ years to return following another financial mess.

Having said that in the past I would have taken 1 year in the premiership if done properly and giving us plenty of money to mount an attempted return.