NEW PITCH MANIA!

I thought they were digging down 5ft and replacing all the drains?

Dunt look like it to me!

Turf is classed as green waste and has to be disposed of seperately to soil/rubble, so they'll strip it off and remove it first before excavating anything. 

I want to know what the fellas in the bottom right corner are digging for. Reckon they are after BlackBeards treasure

That's the lowest point of the pitch, therefore, my guess is that is where the current (to be replaced) drainage system terminates/joins the main drainage system.  Either that or they're trying to tap the wee wee well that built up from the Kop toilets.

Surely if we're building the pitch up the turf will be re-used? (minus the grass of course.)

I think they use a specific kind if substrate to allow drainage to occur effectively.  My guess is that turf is full of silt and sand, therefore, unusable.  Only a guess though.

Edited by shandypants

That's the lowest point of the pitch, therefore, my guess is that is where the current (to be replaced) drainage system terminates/joins the main drainage system.  Either that or they're trying to tap the wee wee well that built up from the Kop toilets.

Blackbeards Treasure sounds more exciting though

Why dont they use the old pitch to try and fill the river in...itl save on takin it away in trucks

Brill idea!!   And when the water comes rushing off the Pennines after a few days of heavy rain, where will it go exactly when the river bed is filled in?

Hope you're not working on this project, realist.