NEW PITCH MANIA!

they'll bring the pitch in a little probably. But some seem to think the goal line's going to be on the edge of the normal turf and the astro stuff on the Kop end. If that's the case then its a short run up :) can't see studs getting that much of a grip on the rubber stuff, either that or its going to start ripping the rubber stuff up.

i dont understand how they will take corners? Surely this will start their run up on the blue surround surface?

I would imagine there will be grass between the touchline and the track.  Pretty much as it has for all the forty odd years I've been going.  Can't vouch for what they did prior to 1965.

I would imagine there will be grass between the touchline and the track.  Pretty much as it has for all the forty odd years I've been going.  Can't vouch for what they did prior to 1965.

oh yeh looks like there is astroturf between the desso and the concrete 

Why is that handing an advantage? We like to and usually do attack the kop 2nd half.

Having our dugout where it has always been is more of an advantage. As we are in the same half as the away dugout, we can still "chirp" at the Lino. As we are nearer the half way line our manager has a better overall view, and it is easier to get instructions on to the pitch. If a manager in the away dugout is trying to get a message to his defenders when they are attacking the Kop end, they are much further away than the home dugout would be in the same situation.

I also like that the away dugout is further away from the away fans.

Having our dugout where it has always been is more of an advantage. As we are in the same half as the away dugout, we can still "chirp" at the Lino. As we are nearer the half way line our manager has a better overall view, and it is easier to get instructions on to the pitch. If a manager in the away dugout is trying to get a message to his defenders when they are attacking the Kop end, they are much further away than the home dugout would be in the same situation.

I also like that the away dugout is further away from the away fans.

Agree with everything you've said.  It's only changing because DC wants it to.

Crikey, when did the incline from south to north happen. Seen flatter pitches in Concord. FFS Chansiri, get it sorted.

Taking a corner will be a nightmare...but on the flip side....firing crosses in from the top will be lethal!

Makes sense that I misunderstood what others were saying earlier in the thread.

Are the technical areas and dugouts in exactly the same location?

Have the home and away ends been swapped?

I'm just looking for information here.

Yes.

Wouldn't it have been better to laid down blue stones/gravel/whatever you'd call that material?

If any bits come out we'll just have a blue and black speckled outside area? 

Blue stones?

What, Opals, Saphires ?

I know we're minted now but I think even DC would consider this a bit OTT.