NEW PITCH MANIA!

Some one claimed they were central, and drew a picture to illustrate their point, but on most of the pictures (like this most recent) they look to be exactly where they were

Unless you're referring to another picture, I drew a line on a picture to suggest it 'might' be central but it was a bit of a joke. It was so bad, I thought it was obvious. :blush:

Unless you're referring to another picture, I drew a line on a picture to suggest it 'might' be central but it was a bit of a joke. It was so bad, I thought it was obvious. :blush:

this thread is not the place for jokes damnit! Go post in the Transfer rumours thread if you want laffs.  :ph34r:

The outside of the main reception building and I forgot the bridge over is being looked at and strengthened as well could cause a problem for those of us who go across coming and going from match as its not been started yet

Strengthening it ready for increased number of fans flocking in with cheap tickets

Regarding the positioning of the technical areas (& dugouts?) more expense for next close season then?

As I understand it the rules of the Premier League state that the Home and Away technical areas must

be equidistant from the half-way line.

If this is correct surely it would have been sensible to correct this during the pitch renovations.

Regarding the positioning of the technical areas (& dugouts?) more expense for next close season then?

As I understand it the rules of the Premier League state that the Home and Away technical areas must

be equidistant from the half-way line.

If this is correct surely it would have been sensible to correct this during the pitch renovations.

If it's just the technical area then might just paint the box in the other half of the pitch and make opposition managers walk over.

I seen that before Sham and I just don't believe it. Sorry mate but it just doesn't make sense to do that. Why hand an advantage to the opposition team manager?

Why is that handing an advantage? We like to and usually do attack the kop 2nd half.

By changing it, we will be able to have the ear of the assistant ref. As before people would complain that the opposition manager was always chirping into the ear of the lino, influencing him, while we couldn't.

I suppose its more of a psychological thing. Plus we can easily make that one bigger to suit us if needed while reducing the away one. If (and big if) we do go up, it would be interesting to see if in fact we do have to change dugouts either side of halfway tho. As that definitely should be done now really imo.

By changing it, we will be able to have the ear of the assistant ref. As before people would complain that the opposition manager was always chirping into the ear of the lino, influencing him, while we couldn't.

I suppose its more of a psychological thing. Plus we can easily make that one bigger to suit us if needed while reducing the away one. If (and big if) we do go up, it would be interesting to see if in fact we do have to change dugouts either side of halfway tho. As that definitely should be done now really imo.

Wouldn't we need to move the tunnel for that to happen?

Seem to recall Burnley, where my dad has an ST, doing this a couple of seasons ago for this reason.

Not really.  The tunnel doesn't necessarily need to be in the middle of the two dugouts.

It would look better if it was, mind.

I suppose you could do it by moving both dugouts to the west of the tunnel.