Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

Sad if our first business in the transfer market is selling our best player

Sad that our best player is the goalkeeper.

If he goes for big money, I wouldn't grumble. Goalkeepers are replaceable. As fantastic as Westwood has been, he won't win us promotion. If selling him enabled us to fund a potent striker like Lewis Grabban, for example, I'd settle for that. But it must be big money. If Everton or anyone else wants him, they gotta pay through the nose for him.

Man Ure hardly noticed when Massimo Taibi replaced Peter Schmeichel

Guest wilyfox

Why is that sad?

Bayern's best player is a goalkeeper

You hold Neuer in higher regard than Robben, Ribery, Muller, Lahm & Schweinsteiger? lol

Guest wilyfox

Man Ure hardly noticed when Massimo Taibi replaced Peter Schmeichel

You've picked arguably the best and worst goalkeepers the premier league has ever seen to try and make some sort of point? Well done.

struggling to understand that one.

Having a goalkeeper as our most valuable playing asset is as absurd as the blunts spending 1.5m on right-back Brayford whilst crying out for a decent striker. Your goalscorers/providers should be your most valuable - always. Spending should be biased that way.

Guest wilyfox

Neuer is regarded as the best in his position.

By whom, the press? Must be true then.. They love putting people on pedestals, building heroes up to enjoy knocking them down later.

Guest wilyfox

Who is a better keeper than Neuer then? Genuine question.

You mean who is flavour of the month? Some say Neuer, some say Courtois, de Gea is rising to the fore as well. Lloris even gets a mention. There is no definitive way to establish who the best is. They're all top drawer. But you've gone off on a tangent. My point was that Westwood is our most valuable playing asset, and a goalkeeper shouldn't be as such. I doubt that Neuer is the most valuable player in Bayern's team.

You mean who is flavour of the month? Some say Neuer, some say Courtois, de Gea is rising to the fore as well. Lloris even gets a mention. There is no definitive way to establish who the best is. They're all top drawer. But you've gone off on a tangent. My point was that Westwood is our most valuable playing asset, and a goalkeeper shouldn't be as such. I doubt that Neuer is the most valuable player in Bayern's team.

I'd say the fact he came 3rd in the Ballon d'Or would suggest he's the best keeper in the world. Not being funny but that's judged by the pros and managers so I'd take their judgement over someone on a forum.

Guest wilyfox

I'd say the fact he came 3rd in the Ballon d'Or would suggest he's the best keeper in the world. Not being funny but that's judged by the pros and managers so I'd take their judgement over someone on a forum.

Ballon d'Or is a temporary judgement. Not so long ago, Neuer's rush off his goal line was criticised heavily and deemed reckless by pundits and fellow pros. Following the World Cup he's now considered the greatest all of a sudden?! People love their idols. Many fuel the hype and won't consider anything else.