Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Leo Fortune West

Just been informed Rodolph Austin is a transfer target of Steve Evans #rufc #Millers

That would be a good signing for them. Big summer for toytown, they'll have to get in some players on permanent deals and they better do it quick or they'll be relegation fodder, the teams coming up from league one 1 aren't pushovers and with Wigan, Blackpool and Wigan gone we got rid of some of the dross that's been hanging on for a few years.

Personally I'd still take Austin, yes we'd be stacked in midfield but Semedo, Hutchinson and Lee all tend to have a few extended spells on the sideline between them every season, plus Austin is bloody huge, powerful and has a rocket shot on him. 

Interesting but you have to take HITC with a pinch of salt, there's been some utter gonads posted on there before

Guest wilyfox

If we sign any more jism from Scottish football, ima gonna drop kick da nuts of everyone on the committee.

I put this in the other thread but I'll chuck it in here as well:

On a serious note I heard something yesterday that may reel in people's expectations. The wage bill is "only" being increased by £2million on this seasons.

To put it into perspective, that's still less than half what the promoted clubs spent this season. I think some people need to realise we aren't going to be throwing stupid money around.

So the rumours of Ward and JET are probably the type of singing we should be expecting to be honest.

I put this in the other thread but I'll chuck it in here as well:

On a serious note I heard something yesterday that may reel in people's expectations. The wage bill is "only" being increased by £2million on this seasons.

To put it into perspective, that's still less than half what the promoted clubs spent this season. I think some people need to realise we aren't going to be throwing stupid money around.

So the rumours of Ward and JET are probably the type of singing we should be expecting to be honest.

That puts some perspective on it yes.

We've let a lot go which will have freed up some wages. If that's the case, then perhaps a few more will go before next season starts. ???

Just back of the envelope calcs but, I would think 8 in is still about right. (11 out, 8 in of better quality and on higher wages).

Time will reveal all.

That puts some perspective on it yes.

We've let a lot go which will have freed up some wages. If that's the case, then perhaps a few more will go before next season starts. ???

Just back of the envelope calcs but, I would think 8 in is still about right. (11 out, 8 in of better quality and on higher wages).

Time will reveal all.

True mate. And who knows, maybe DS is just keeping his cards close to his chest. But after reading JV's post yesterday I did some digging. And the person who told me this has given me little bits of info before that turned out spot on.

As you say time will tell but maybe we ought to lower our sights in the mean time . :biggrin:

It makes me laugh when people other than our owner and our new committee seem to know our budget for the coming season. DC has said openly that he'll spend whatever it takes to get us to tue prem, sorry guys but I think I'll stick to believing the quote from him rather than listen to rumours.

True mate. And who knows, maybe DS is just keeping his cards close to his chest. But after reading JV's post yesterday I did some digging. And the person who told me this has given me little bits of info before that turned out spot on.

As you say time will tell but maybe we ought to lower our sights in the mean time . :biggrin:

If that's what it is, then we'll have to deal with it. The signings of Westwood and Lees showed what you can do without paying a big fee, if you have a fairly decent wage budget. A couple of areas where we might be disappointed though, are up front, where real quality doesn't come cheap, and if we were hoping to cherry pick some young talent from the lower leagues. Both of those usually cost big money. Edited by gurujuan

Guest Distraught!

Surely we've learned our lesson now from buying up there

It's from the Sun though - I would wait for a more reliable source before making judgement.