Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I was going to say I'm only interested if he's bringing West. Decided I would have looked a Nwankwo, so decided against it.

It's funny you should bring up Kanu, I was only thinking of him the other day. Where is he now Southampton?

To be honest mate, I have no idea. Sorry.

No worries. Last I'd heard he'd formed a great partnership with Ibrahima Bakayoko at Southampton, and was on the fringes of the national side but player manager Efe Sodje didn't fancy him.

Guest wilyfox

I like Austin, think he's a good player. But we've got enough muscle in central midfield already. We need more craft.

I think Austin is bit better then any of our 3 holding midfielders, but just not that much to make it worth stockpiling. On the other hand even if we do sign McGugan we will still be back-up creative midfielder short, and to me Kyle Dempsey seems just the right player to fill that role.

I think Austin is bit better then any of our 3 holding midfielders, but just not that much to make it worth stockpiling. On the other hand even if we do sign McGugan we will still be back-up creative midfielder short, and to me Kyle Dempsey seems just the right player to fill that role.

How much have you seen of Melo then?

How much have you seen of Melo then?

Not much, and what I did see left quite decent impression. However, Austin is proven Championship quality and knows this league inside out. His experience alone makes him more dependable option for a club fighting for promotion. At least that is my opinion.

Not much, and what I did see left quite decent impression. However, Austin is proven Championship quality and knows this league inside out. His experience alone makes him more dependable option for a club fighting for promotion. At least that is my opinion.

Messi doesn't have proven Championship quality. Does that mean he wouldn't be as dependable as someone like Richie?

Messi doesn't have proven Championship quality. Does that mean he wouldn't be as dependable as someone like Richie?

Sure, just the same thing. I would feel bit more confident with Austin in our squad, then any of Hutchinson, Semedo or Melo. Although it may be supported with little evidence regarding Melo, it is my opinion and I believe I'm entitled to one.

Sure, just the same thing. I would feel bit more confident with Austin in our squad, then any of Hutchinson, Semedo or Melo. Although it may be supported with little evidence regarding Melo, it is my opinion and I believe I'm entitled to one.

Of course you are, but it's the one position (other than right-back) where I'd argue we're filled out. I think if we were in any other situation Austin would be a great choice, but with 3 players able to play in that same role, it just seems a bit of a waste. Can understand the security thing, but we can't just keep signing Championship players, sometimes you've got to take the risk. Kind of typical we're in a position where he isn't needed- would be quite a good freebee to pick up if it were any other player with that ability based in Yorkshire on a free

Of course you are, but it's the one position (other than right-back) where I'd argue we're filled out. I think if we were in any other situation Austin would be a great choice, but with 3 players able to play in that same role, it just seems a bit of a waste. Can understand the security thing, but we can't just keep signing Championship players, sometimes you've got to take the risk. Kind of typical we're in a position where he isn't needed- would be quite a good freebee to pick up if it were any other player with that ability based in Yorkshire on a free

If you look at my original post, you will see that I pretty much agree with everything you wrote here :blush:

If you look at my original post, you will see that I pretty much agree with everything you wrote here :blush:

Sorry, I'm naturally confrontational. I blame my parents and television. 

Not taking responsibility for your faults, or what some people would call "denial", is always wonderful...  :duntmatter: