Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

So Nixon was wrong again about Kirkland. Complete guess work putting 2 + 2 together about him going to Toytown.

... Or he had talks which were unsuccessful and it is better for the player and for Rotherham to sweep it under the carpet.

Not saying either are the truth but why would Kirkland go to see his mates at the New York Stadium in close season? What were they meant to be doing, his mates were clearing their lockers out and Kirkland went to help?

like last season you mean?

Wasn't Kirkland making noises about wanting to play regularly towards the end of last year?

Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland admits he is growing frustrated with his lack of football at Hillsborough and is willing to leave the club in search of a starting spot.  

The 33-year-old has fallen down the pecking order with Stuart Gray's side following the summer arrival of another ex-City keeper Keiren Westwood and made only his fourth start of the season for the Owls against Manchester City on Sunday in their 2-1 FA Cup defeat.

After emerging through the Coventry City Academy as a youngster in 1998, he was tomake 23 league appearances for City before Liverpool paid £6 million for the 20-year-old's services in 2001, making him the most expensive goalkeeper in British transfer history at the time.

Speculation has been rife about a possible return to his first club on loan with Steven Pressley eyeing an experienced goalkeeper in the current transfer window and the stopper has now revealed that he hopes to be playing on a regular basis in the next few months.

He said: “Hopefully something will be sorted for me this month, but it’s all good me saying I want to go and get games. The club is the most important thing.

“If they want me to stay then I’ll stay. I’ve never been any trouble and I always try and help.

“But I’m older now and I want to try and play games.”

Edited by Brad_owl

... Or he had talks which were unsuccessful and it is better for the player and for Rotherham to sweep it under the carpet.

Not saying either are the truth but why would Kirkland go to see his mates at the New York Stadium in close season? What were they meant to be doing, his mates were clearing their lockers out and Kirkland went to help?

Fat Boy Evans said there was nothing in it. He would break his neck to wind us up if there was. Edited by Saxondale

Fat Boy Evans said there was nothing in it. He would break his neck to wind us up if there was.

Because Rotherham not being able to compete with the offer we've made to him, even though he'd be back up for us & their number 1, would be very embarrassing for us?

Guest TommyTank

Don't be so sure Westwood is staying.

That goes for every single player in the Football League, if an offer comes in that is suitable and the selling club think its a good deal the player will be sold (subject to pers terms).

Stop with the f'kin scare mongering, its getting stupid.