Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 4m4 minutes ago

BLACKBURN ROVERS. Want 12m for Jordan Rhodes ... and not budging.

That's a big chunk of anyone's money and that's before his wages and rumoured and various incentives/clauses he has.

Rhodes is a class finisher but rather than 12m on him I'd prefer say Gestede, Grabban and Alf for probably about the same.....

Imagine if heaven forbid we did sign Rhodes and he got injured early on!!

Rhodes for 12m ..... Not a chance, Blackburn could afford to spend 8m when they bought him it wasn't a big gamble really because they always had a chance of selling him on for decent money if he did or dint do well.However if he's bought soon by some club there will be little money in him in the future. If he plays for another club for 3 or 4 years there is little value left in him.

I'd wait till deadline day offer 6m ..... Take it or leave it !!!

we could bring in 4-5 quality championship players for 12 million. Rhodes could easily pick up injuries that would absolutely knacker us up with the budget blown.

If we have such a good scouting network now we should be capable of bringing in the next Jordan Rhodes, Patrick Bamford etc.

Edited by rawowl

That's a big chunk of anyone's money and that's before his wages and rumoured and various incentives/clauses he has.

Rhodes is a class finisher but rather than 12m on him I'd prefer say Gestede, Grabban and Alf for probably about the same.....

Imagine if heaven forbid we did sign Rhodes and he got injured early on!!

Missed this. Bang on as I've just pretty much said the same thing

Underwhelmed with Ken Jones? lol

Were you looking more towards RVP or Chicharito? :rolleyes:

Why the clamour for Kenwynne Jones? He scored seven in zeven for us, but that was ten years ago. In the intervening ten years I don't think he's managed sixty goals. We need a more accomplished striker than him if we're to progress

Why the clamour for Kenwynne Jones? He scored seven in zeven for us, but that was ten years ago. In the intervening ten years I don't think he's managed sixty goals. We need a more accomplished striker than him if we're to progress

Would be a decent impact sub / replacement for Nuhiu

I agree with Kenwyn Jones. Be great and because of the type of game he played, his age isn't really an issue.

In fact... scrub that, thought he was waaaaaaaaay older than 30!

Perfect signing.

hes dire laziest striker i saw last season. And please dont say he scored cos i wouldve put that in against the useless Mattock. He was a hero to my lad and neither could believe how poor he has become