Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

1. £12m on Rhodes

2. £10m on Wickham

3. £6-7m on Hooper

4. £5m on Andre Gray & £500k on Le Fondre

If all of those were an option at roughly those prices I'd rather take option 2 or 4. Rhodes' record at this level is phenomenol but I'm not 100% convinced he'd be suited to our new system. He'd be better with a partner.

Rhodes at £12m is highly unlikely to ever command a bigger fee. I think Gray would be the best investment value for money & age wise.

Another name I'd throw in, & I haven't seen mentioned. I don't know how likely or what the fee or wages would be but how about Victor Anichebe. Strong & mobile, could be a real hand full in the Championship

Think it'd be Option 4 for me.

Though I'd probably offer Cardiff £1m+ and take Kenwyne off them too! You'd then have 3 very effective strikers at this level for around £6 or £7m in total, offering you all sorts of options up top.

Said this before, and i'll say it again, would love us to look at this guy...

Yeah, okay some of these are open nets, and bad keeping - but some are cracking finishes, movement, and positioning to be fair,

22 and in the USA squad as well, would also fit perfectly into the attacking style of play, could be used out wide in a 4-3-3 !

Can only dream i suppose...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heLJHyfwQ9c

He looks good. They always do on video's though but he looks to have promising attributes. As the MLS doesn't run concurrent with our own season I'm surprised no ones tried to get him on loan to see how he does.

I'd not be opposed to Lafferty if we didn't already have Bus/May/Lavery/Nuhiu.

You can't guarantee 15-20 goals, but we need to sign someone who is at least experienced in getting that amount of goals. Lafferty would be another punt and we just can't risk that this season. 

All of the strikers on our books have goals in them, no denying it. But they all need experience next to them, someone to take the pressure off. 

Think it'd be Option 4 for me.

Though I'd probably offer Cardiff £1m+ and take Kenwyne off them too! You'd then have 3 very effective strikers at this level for around £6 or £7m in total, offering you all sorts of options up top.

Wouldn't argue with that although it'd be Gray plus Jones or Le Fondre, we don't need 3 with Bus & Nuhiu as other options for the central role. I wouldn't think it would take any where near £1m to get Jones, doesn't seem to have a future there & they'll want shut of his wages which I imagine will be very hefty.

Wickham is a confidence player: You make him the main man and he thrives on it and flourishes, if he's not sure of his role in the team or whether he will even be in the team he just ebbs away. 

Perhaps the move here could be the making of him as he only did it in bits and pieces last season at Sunderland and was left out of the team if anybody else was just about fit (Fletcher for one)

I might well be deluding myself about us signing him given his wages, but the last time he was here as that "main Man" his game came on in leaps and bounds and in the long run it may prove better for him.

Wouldn't argue with that although it'd be Gray plus Jones or Le Fondre, we don't need 3 with Bus & Nuhiu as other options for the central role. I wouldn't think it would take any where near £1m to get Jones, doesn't seem to have a future there & they'll want shut of his wages which I imagine will be very hefty.

I'd be looking to offload Nuhiu if we could get Kenwyne in.   

So according to various sources (mainly on here) that's four Norwich strikers we've been linked with, Hooper, Grabban, Lafferty and Wolfswinkel. Any of them would be OK, but can't we shop anywhere else but Norwich. Maybe we have an account there

Edited by gurujuan

So according to various sources (mainly on here) that's four Norwich strikers we've been linked with, Hooper, Grabban, Lafferty and Wolfswinkel. Any of them would be OK, but can't we shop anywhere else but Norwich. Maybe we have an account there

Given that we've signed zero of them, I'd say no, we don't have an account there.