Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Someone will defo pay 12 million! McCormack went for 11 mill and he is nowhere as good as Rhodes!

Can't see it mate

McCormack was well over priced at 11 milion

Fulham expected to go straight back up, and had parachute payments

Blackburn need a bidding war, I'm not sure they're going to get one

I'd be concerned if we were seriously considering paying anything over 6 million for Rhodes

Middlesboro are welcome to him.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Is this the same Nick Powell that's played centrally for almost all of his career and lacks pace? lol

Guess you never seen him play for Crewe where he played in 3 man attack alongside Clayton Donaldson and either AJ Leitch Smith or Max Clayton.

It will.

They are utterly shafted, money wise this is worse than the leeds melt down when it turned out they were £120m in debt, or whatever it was.

Whatever they make from Rhodes and gestede will buy them a year, maybe 18 months.

095keegan_468x350.jpg

(Feel a bit for the fans though).

Don't disagree with any of that. But i doubt we're even willing to spend 6m on a striker.

Im not suggesting we just blow a load of cash on one player but it grinds at me when I hear we won't pay premier league prices for the tools on the pitch when us fans are expected to pay premier league prices to watch it. If DC wants us spending premier league money that's fine, but he's got to do the same.

12m for Rhodes is way overpriced but 12m in premier league land isn't exactly OTT for a striker[/quot

Who says we won't? ... You?

Rooney, Depay, Hernandez plus Wilson, They're also rumoured to be signing a mystery striker this week so I can definitely see them loaning him out.

Delay is not a striker. Plays out wide or as CAM. He's more of an upgrade on Nani who has gone.

They lost RVP and Falcao, Hernandez is back so replaces one in the squad. Another signing will replace the other. Wilson featured last year suggesting they rate him & he still has his squad place.

Anyone who thinks we will spend 12 million need their head checking big style

What makes you so sure we won't?

There's plenty of ways you can pay someone £12m without paying it all at once. While it seems very unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out completely. Wages are more likely to be the main issue.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

I bet Rhodes wouldn't have got 15 goals in our side last year.

He must be as sh*t as May then. 😂

I agree with you. Which is why we should give our strikers a chance until Xmas instead of risking FFP by blowing a load.

Said this before, and i'll say it again, would love us to look at this guy...

Yeah, okay some of these are open nets, and bad keeping - but some are cracking finishes, movement, and positioning to be fair, 

22 and in the USA squad as well, would also fit perfectly into the attacking style of play, could be used out wide in a 4-3-3 !

Can only dream i suppose...

If they want more than £10m I'd leave it. Its a crazy price for a player who has never played above Championship level. I'm sure you could get Wickham for £10m & he's more suited to the system we're going to play.

There are also cheaper alternatives we could persue to spread the responsibility. Andre Gray being a good one