Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I'm confused.

If the fans want premier league football we need to pay premier league prices to watch football this season.

But 12million is too much to spend on arguably the best striker in the division?

you cant make fans pay for premier league football and then back out of paying what's required to build the premier league team.

I'm confused.

If the fans want premier league football we need to pay premier league prices to watch football this season.

But 12million is too much to spend on arguably the best striker in the division?

you cant make fans pay for premier league football and then back out of paying what's required to build the premier league team.

£12m won't be what is required to get Rhodes.

Blackburn need to get him off the wage bill and bring in some cash, They'll end up selling on the last day of the transfer window for a much smaller price when they realise know one will pay £12m

£12m won't be what is required to get Rhodes.

Blackburn need to get him off the wage bill and bring in some cash, They'll end up selling on the last day of the transfer window for a much smaller price when they realise know one will pay £12m

More than likely true. Hope so

I'm confused.

If the fans want premier league footbaI ll we need to pay premier league prices to watch football this season.

100 percent this

I'm confused.

Because £12 million could legitimately pay for a top top European striker AND his wages on a 4 year contract. 

Relatively certain Salzburg would pay attention if you offered £8 million (12€ million) for Soriano... and then he in turn would turn his head if you offered him £20k per week (29€ thousand) a week for four years. Even someone of his quality and pedigree would be interested with that sort of money flying around, and this is just a badly researched example- no doubt we'd find better for less.

I know Jordan Rhodes is proven Championship quality, but we could legitimately get so much better for the same value, albeit a foreign entity. £12 million for Rhodes? Absolute joke of a price. You're better off spending £5 million on a wide player even better than Wallace and of a similar ability to Matias and then another £5 million on someone like Hooper.  

Because £12 million could legitimately pay for a top top European striker AND his wages on a 4 year contract.

Relatively certain Salzburg would pay attention if you offered £8 million (12€ million) for Soriano... and then he in turn would turn his head if you offered him £20k per week (29€ thousand) a week for four years. Even someone of his quality and pedigree would be interested with that sort of money flying around, and this is just a badly researched example- no doubt we'd find better for less.

I know Jordan Rhodes is proven Championship quality, but we could legitimately get so much better for the same value, albeit a foreign entity. £12 million for Rhodes? Absolute joke of a price. You're better off spending £5 million on a wide player even better than Wallace and of a similar ability to Matias and then another £5 million on someone like Hooper.

Don't disagree with any of that. But i doubt we're even willing to spend 6m on a striker.

Im not suggesting we just blow a load of cash on one player but it grinds at me when I hear we won't pay premier league prices for the tools on the pitch when us fans are expected to pay premier league prices to watch it. If DC wants us spending premier league money that's fine, but he's got to do the same.

12m for Rhodes is way overpriced but 12m in premier league land isn't exactly OTT for a striker

Rhodes guarantees you 20 goals a season anyone not fussy is pretty simple really 21 in 45 last season he like Hooper didn't start every game add Alf we are talking different gravy to before n people don't want whoever crikey.Add in some prem players will get sold as new players come in maybe the likes of Murray or Gayle will come available to be talking about some of these players instead of a Stevie May means a big shift in where we are at but people still moan

I bet Rhodes wouldn't have got 15 goals in our side last year.