Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I reckon there are some fans on here who wouldn't know what to do with themselves if we actually signed a decent striker. For all the comments 'he's too expensive' or 'we'd never get him' and 'deluded'.

Hahaha.

Reaction to the mere suggestion of keeping an eye on Deeney has been typical. It's as though I've said we should put the call in now. All I said was ask the question IN JANUARY IF HE'S STILL NOT SCORING AND WATFORD UPGRADE.

lol

I don't think you're grasping how ridiculous a suggestion Deeney is, thus the reaction.

You may as well suggest Sanchez from Arsenal or Costa from Chelsea. That is how crucial a player Deeney is to Watford.

He could not score from now till January, it's still not a situation to keep an eye on. He is their captain, talisman, the guy who makes them tick. Goals are just a small part of his overall game. He didn't score vs Arsenal but was incredible in that first half I felt.

Guest wilyfox

I don't think you're grasping how ridiculous a suggestion Deeney is, thus the reaction.

You may as well suggest Sanchez from Arsenal or Costa from Chelsea. That is how crucial a player Deeney is to Watford.

He could not score from now till January, it's still not a situation to keep an eye on. He is their captain, talisman, the guy who makes them tick. Goals are just a small part of his overall game. He didn't score vs Arsenal but was incredible in that first half I felt.

Where to start with that post...

Deeney vs. the impact of Costa or Sanchez...hmmm.

Many strikers have stepped up to the prem and struggled for goals; They tend to end up coming back down again. If Watford are in trouble come January, they'll be forced to ring changes. Ighalo can't carry them on his own. If Deeney starts to deliver before then, problem partially solved. But, hypothetically, if he's still lacking in 3 months time I bet you there will be clubs sniffing.

Where to start with that post...

Deeney vs. the impact of Costa or Sanchez...hmmm.

Many strikers have stepped up to the prem and struggled for goals; They tend to end up coming back down again. If Watford are in trouble come January, they'll be forced to ring changes. Ighalo can't carry them on his own. If Deeney starts to deliver before then, problem partially solved. But, hypothetically, if he's still lacking in 3 months time I bet you there will be clubs sniffing.

You know exactly what I meant when referring to Deeney being as important to Watford, as Costa is to Chelsea and Sanchez to Arsenal.

Maybe the gap in quality is what is confusing you. I'll change tact. 

Deeney is as crucial to Watford as Westwood is to us. Watford loaning Deeney out because he's not scoring as many is as daft a suggestion as suggesting we'd loan Westwood out in January if he concedes more than at that point last season.

It's a hypothetical scenario. I get your point. But it's cloud cuckoo land speak.

Guest wilyfox

You know exactly what I meant when referring to Deeney being as important to Watford, as Costa is to Chelsea and Sanchez to Arsenal.

Maybe the gap in quality is what is confusing you. I'll change tact. 

Deeney is as crucial to Watford as Westwood is to us. Watford loaning Deeney out because he's not scoring as many is as daft a suggestion as suggesting we'd loan Westwood out in January if he concedes more than at that point last season.

It's a hypothetical scenario. I get your point. But it's cloud cuckoo land speak.

You are still basing your opinion on current status. I'm talking January, IF Watford are in the bottom three as I predict and they buy a replacement for him in the team. It's no more preposterous than selling Forestieri and loaning Vydra. All four strikers were integral to getting them where they are today - didn't stop them shifting a couple. Watford will do all they can to stay up, even if it means replacing their talisman for the good of the team - if it comes to that. They won't choose sentiment over survival.

You are still basing your opinion on current status. I'm talking January, IF Watford are in the bottom three as I predict and they buy a replacement for him in the team. It's no more preposterous than selling Forestieri and loaning Vydra. All four strikers were integral to getting them where they are today - didn't stop them shifting a couple. Watford will do all they can to stay up, even if it means replacing their talisman for the good of the team - if it comes to that. They won't choose sentiment over survival.

TBF Flying Owl has called this 100% right - Deeney is the last player Watford would sell or loan out

They have turned down so many bids for him over the last few months and also made him their highest paid player.

The way Watford play means he has to play deeper and he is doing extremely well - he's not being judged on his goals return and his overall value to the team cannot be overstated

Table toppers Brighton planning a £5 million deal for Argentine striker Jonathan Calleri in January. I guess he would be their Joao, now all we need to do is find someone like Hemed. In truth, we could have done with an experienced head, like Zamora, he's been turning in some useful performances for them lately

Guest wilyfox

Yeah maybe, do you think Brighton are the real deal?

I don't think they'll sustain, no. Once Hull and Derby find their groove, I reckon they'll take some stopping for automatic.

Zamora will break down. He usually does.

Maybe we'll renew our efforts to borrow Murphy.

Ipswich are in DIRE need of a midfielder who can pass the ball forward. They do however, have a lot of strikers

A loan / swap deal until January, with Murphy & maybe McGugan, would probably suit all parties atm