Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

I'd hope any of these deals would be a loan. I like Cameron Jerome for this division, I always have, but I wouldn't want us to be stuck with him if we go up. If possible, we have to avoid having to pay a big fee, for what might only be a short term fix. Can't yet make up my mind as to whether Deeney has the qualities to become a decent Premier League player. He might have what it takes, but would certainly be perfect back at this level

I see your point on paying large fees for short-lived service, but if they do the business for us we just sell them on straight after. I remember West Ham doing exactly that with Maynard. I don't think Watford would sell Deeney because he's their talisman, but a loan could work. That said, if we buy a striker in January who scores us 10+ in the second half of the season, we'd have no problem selling on and getting our money back. Goalscorers will always be sought after.

Guest wilyfox

If he continues to struggle for goals up there, it may not sound so ridiculous come January. It's no more delusional than loaning Vydra out - which they did.

Guest wilyfox

Deeney

:duntmatter:

Troy Deeney lol

Watfords captain.

Darren Bent to Derby...

Joe Cole to Coventry...

Unexpected things happen sometimes. Not saying it's likely, but if Deeney still isn't firing by January I bet clubs will be asking the question. Whether it would amount to anything is another matter.

Oh, and didn't we supposedly try for Berbatov..?

Darren Bent to Derby...

Joe Cole to Coventry...

Unexpected things happen sometimes. Not saying it's likely, but if Deeney still isn't firing by January I bet clubs will be asking the question. Whether it would amount to anything is another matter.

Oh, and didn't we supposedly try for Berbatov..?

Bent and Cole were has beens not getting near their sides bench. Deeney is Watfords captain and still playing well...

Completely different scenarios.

Guest wilyfox

Deeney was fantastic for Watford in their first half vs Arsenal. Might not be scoring but he's their leader.

They'll be keeping him regardless of his goal drought.

At the moment they're not in the bottom three. That may well change if they don't start scoring. See what the situation is in 3 months time. Things can shift.

Guest wilyfox

Bent and Cole were has beens not getting near their sides bench. Deeney is Watfords captain and still playing well...

Completely different scenarios.

Bent was on the bench a lot at Villa - that was his problem. Too much bench-warming.

Guest wilyfox

I reckon there are some fans on here who wouldn't know what to do with themselves if we actually signed a decent striker. For all the comments 'he's too expensive' or 'we'd never get him' and 'deluded'.

Hahaha.

Reaction to the mere suggestion of keeping an eye on Deeney has been typical. It's as though I've said we should put the call in now. All I said was ask the question IN JANUARY IF HE'S STILL NOT SCORING AND WATFORD UPGRADE.

lol