Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

Fair play to Coventry. They've had equally as crap a time as ourselves over the last 15yrs. Will be a treat for their fans to have Joe Cole for a bit, and I hope they come up this year.

Guest wilyfox

NO LOANS FOR OWLS

Sheffield Wednesday are not looking to add to their squad in the loan market, according to head coach Carlos Carvalhal.

“We are not planning to bring anybody in,” he told the Sheffield Star. “I said when the transfer window closed, we closed everything.

“But in football, you never know. We are not planning but like other clubs in the country we have open eyes.

“Clubs will send some players on loan. Eventually, if something comes, we can bring someone on loan.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we aren't, but we might. No, but maybe yes. No more loans, unless we borrow somebody.

Yours,

CC - Contradictory Carlos.

NO LOANS FOR OWLS

Sheffield Wednesday are not looking to add to their squad in the loan market, according to head coach Carlos Carvalhal.

“We are not planning to bring anybody in,” he told the Sheffield Star. “I said when the transfer window closed, we closed everything.

“But in football, you never know. We are not planning but like other clubs in the country we have open eyes.

“Clubs will send some players on loan. Eventually, if something comes, we can bring someone on loan.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we aren't, but we might. No, but maybe yes. No more loans, unless we borrow somebody.

Yours,

OK

NO LOANS FOR OWLS

Yours,

Well , that clears that up  lol

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Id still like to see sougou in the strikers role. Its a role he's played before and he has pace. Him and FF could well rip teams apart.

Id still like to see sougou in the strikers role. Its a role he's played before and he has pace. Him and FF could well rip teams apart.

Not sure that we're that good, that we can't at least find him a place on the bench, especially for home games

Bullen said the other day they know we need a striker, reckon we will get one on an extended loan in January

We definitely need regular goals from at least one of the front two. Players have chipped in with goals from other areas, which is what needs o happen when your front two aren't prolific. The problem we have though is, the midfielders who offer the most goal threat, McGugan, Matias and Sougou, all aren't playing regularly.

Guest wilyfox

The problem we have though is, the midfielders who offer the most goal threat, McGugan, Matias and Sougou, all aren't playing regularly.

Yup, that's what I've been saying. It is nice that others are contributing, but I'm not convinced that will continue throughout the season. I still believe that Matias is our most potent scorer, but we should forget about using him as a winger. Needs converting to a second striker, in my opinion. His movement is very good and he has sufficient pace. The sooner he gets to grips with the game over here and adapts his game, the sooner we'll have our regular scorer.

Yup, that's what I've been saying. It is nice that others are contributing, but I'm not convinced that will continue throughout the season. I still believe that Matias is our most potent scorer, but we should forget about using him as a winger. Needs converting to a second striker, in my opinion. His movement is very good and he has sufficient pace. The sooner he gets to grips with the game over here and adapts his game, the sooner we'll have our regular scorer.

I guess that is the role Carlos earmarked for him. Ideally for me, it would be one striker (eventually Joao) with both Forestieri AND Matias playing off him. That would make us more potent going forward. It's when you start thinking, OK then who do we leave out, when it becomes a problem. A nice problem to have though.

Guest wilyfox

I guess that is the role Carlos earmarked for him. Ideally for me, it would be one striker (eventually Joao) with both Forestieri AND Matias playing off him. That would make us more potent going forward. It's when you start thinking, OK then who do we leave out, when it becomes a problem. A nice problem to have though.

In that situation, I'd leave Wallace out. Those three forwards need a different kind of supply to that which Wallace provides. Was surprised when we changed to 4-4-2. Admittedly, it worked and was probably necessary at the time. Results have picked up since the change in formation. I'd still like to see 4-3-3 in some games though - or even switch in-game, because there are times when you can see we don't have a second goal in us. Yday was a prime example.