Chairman's Assistant

if you think the p.a of chansiri needs a work permit to oversee his investment, then its you who is simple my friend, or do you think chansiri needs one too

Of course they will, they'll be living and working in the UK so why would be not need a work permit??

Edited by luketheowl

Noooo he's saying that the person they will employ will need a work permit and publicly advertising the job is all part of the "jumping through hoops" process.

chansiris "team" who we were told would oversee the transition, and keep the owner "in the loop" will not need work permits, international businesses do this with employees all the time

if you think the p.a of chansiri needs a work permit to oversee his investment, then its you who is simple my friend, or do you think chansiri needs one too

Anyone who is employed by and receives remuneration from SWFC, will have to be either a citizen of an EU state or in possession of a valid UK work permit.

Edited by Sham67

Guest Ash76

Chansiri will have an entrepreneur visa in all likeliness, he certainly needs one of some sort to get in to the UK. Any of his Thai employees are likely to be granted highly skilled migrant visas

Edited by Ash76

Think some of the scepticism in this thread is actually misjudged for once.

It's an EA position rather than a PA. Mandaric had an EA as well, who was probably on similar money to this advert. EA positions for the major banks in London tend to start at £45k a year, I did it for 9 months myself. It's a great entry level position, and it then becomes much easier once you have knowledge of the day to day business to move into a head of department role be it corporate/operations/finance or whatever you fancy. So it tends to attract the right sort of people you want in a business- ambitious and eager to learn as much as they can about every element of how the business works. It's quite rare that EA'swant to stay as EA's for life, it's typically a 'foot in the door' role for people.

There's a lot of people in England with Thai roots who are bilingual. I grew up with a lad who fit that bill, and he works in business (although finance) so it's not as pie in the sky as some of you might think.

And whilst the language requirements for this job are rarer, the fact that the cost of living around Sheffield is much lower than London...£35-60k seems about right tbf.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Think some of the scepticism in this thread is actually misjudged for once.

It's an EA position rather than a PA. Mandaric had an EA as well, who was probably on similar money to this advert. EA positions for the major banks in London tend to start at £45k a year, I did it for 9 months myself. It's a great entry level position, and it then becomes much easier once you have knowledge of the day to day business to move into a head of department role be it corporate/operations/finance or whatever you fancy.

There's a lot of people in England with Thai roots who are bilingual. I grew up with a lad who fit that bill, and he works in business (although finance) so it's not as pie in the sky as some of you might think.

And whilst the language requirements for this job are rarer, the fact that the cost of living around Sheffield is much lower than London...£35-60k seems about right tbf.

A well thought out, intelligent and researched post.

Get off this site, you're spoiling it for the rest of us!!!!

Very odd.

Who the hell are they hoping to hire when they specify fluency in Thai. I'm pretty sure an interpreter would bypass the need for this and enable a higher calibre of applicants.

Exactly. I said the same about the scout/DOF position.

We need someone who knows English football rather than just someone who speaks Thai

The EA wouldn't need extensive experience of English football. The skills and experience of being a decent EA (stakeholder management and decent communication skills) are far more important. I don't think the actual basics of running a football club are that different to running any other, even if the sums of money involved and the players (or technically 'employees'!) might be.

They'll be looking for someone who has worked as an EA/PA before and can prove they are a decent go between for the new owners to use.

And it's not exactly an all powerful position. They do have influence and the new owner's perceptions of the incumbent staff will be heavily based on what the EA reports back to them. So people like Andy Daykin, Peter Pridmore and Trevor Braithwait will need to have good working relationships with whoever gets the job.

But they don't normally have executive decision making responsibilities on anything important whatsoever. I'm assuming what will happen is that the new owners will have day-to-day expectations in mind which the EA will keep an eye on along with Paul Aldridge, and then anything particularly important will be discussed via conference calls and skyped board meetings. Seen it done before like that anyway.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers