When MM took over...

Guest Iron Hunter

the rest of the season was very average.

Any expected fireworks didn't happen straight away.

Then the next season was amazing.

The same will happen again so patience.

I have no sound logic to back this up btw..

lol

Yep, I agree.Next season could be just the same.We need to be patient.I get the feeling on here that people think Wednesday will win the league in a canter with Nugent and Wickham scoring 20 each.Love to be wrong.

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

I reckon 4-5 years minimum. When Norwhich have players like Nathan Redmond on the bench, Derby have Darren Bent and Chris Martin up front we are so.. So far off being competitive.

I think you are right,my only concern is whether our new owner is going to lose interest if we don't achieve instant success.

Like Milan did after our first season back in the Championship?

Understandable, after DJ wasted the 'going for it' money, on 35 year old versions, of what we already had

I think you are right,my only concern is whether our new owner is going to lose interest if we don't achieve instant success.

That's part of my worry about keeping Gray 'to see how he does with more funds'

Edited by lanzaroteowl

Promotion is always in the lap of the gods. There are clubs coming down who have decent squads and parachute payments, there are also the play off teams from last year who didn't quite make it.

By definition we are going to be a team cobbled together from disparate parts who don't yet know each others game. It will take time to gel and a bad start can take a lot to recover from.

I doubt we will have a large squad next year so a few injuries could spell the end of our ambitions.

We can do it but we will need to buy well and have a lot of luck. Play offs would be a good season.

Guest Deleted member

Me too the owner has not got as much money as people think.

You're really trying far too hard