North Stand Hotdogs.

Guest Iron Hunter

It's very very close to being time for a total boycott to end this farce

As much as I agree with you on this point I feel you are completely deluded if you think Owlstalk honestly has the power to influence any boycott by fans or change in working practises / cost of products by the people at Lindley's unfortunately . Edited by Owl999

Stop moaning and stop buying.

If people people continue to buy the crap Lindleys will continue laughing at you.

The club won't be impacted in the short term so send Lindleys a message and stop buying their overpriced slop.

Not sure how many more times this needs saying.

Exactly. I can't believe people STILL buy the shyte from inside the ground. The last time I bought something in there must have been in about 2007.

Guest Iron Hunter

so many will jack it in, the next one you see will be new...

and so on, and so on...

besides, when you pay peanuts, ...

See what you mean but had a paper round as a lad and never put papers in wrong doors.This DID pay "peanuts" but I always had pride in doing it right.These girls don't seem to give a s**t!

Guest _Ibbo_

I've been told by someone that if you value your health don't under any circumstance buy anything from the ground....

Guest Johnbloodaxe

The only way to address it is to hire out each single outlet to a seperate owner operated kiosk with some pride in their product. Otherwise you get staff who only work once or twice a fortnight for a few quid who have no motivation for working more quickly or smarter.

Simple solution to a problem for a single mass caterer.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

If an outlet could be guaranteed 30 events a year i.e. 23 games plus cup games plus a few "events"  and they worked smarter and quicker serving decent quality food at reasonable prices they could turnover £100k plus per annum, which would e all the motivation they needed.

That's serving 750 customers per game event at £5 per customer spend, that has to be a doable figure??

You could clear £75k ++ margin for a few days work a year.

Got to be the way to do it. I would have thought, variety, quality, value for money and speed of service.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

The only way to address it is to hire out each single outlet to a seperate owner operated kiosk with some pride in their product. Otherwise you get staff who only work once or twice a fortnight for a few quid who have no motivation for working more quickly or smarter.

i agree. Another thought as to why the people selling are so careful with working out how much to charge is that they might have to make up any shortfall in the takings and being on minimum wage.

Sounds like a plan that, could be burgers, pies, pad thai, enchaladas,tacos,curry and of course hot dogs mmm im off for some snap.UTO

Until the food is better quality or you get more for your money...I won't spend inside the ground.

We have two very good chippies at opposite ends of the stadium, we have several decent burger stalls, three Beres in walking distance and other fast food outlets. There's plenty of choice.

I'd love for us to have good caterers that provide good food at a good price. I don't expect much. Just better than what we have. 

But until we do I won't even bother getting a bottle of pop.

Put it this way. We were late getting to the Newcastle friendly game, hadn't had tea so we were forced into getting food from the South Stand concourse.

A piddly tray of chips cost me £3. The portion was tiny and the chips were cold and soggy. You also only got those crappy sachets of ketchup.

In the chippy on penistone road I can get chips and curry sauce for less than that, and it's a good sized portion! 

To some people. food does not matter at football. And that's fine. But for others, like me and my family, football is a full day out. We have to leave the house at a time that means we can't have our lunch (or tea for evening games) before we leave...so we have to eat in Sheffield. 

Stop moaning and stop buying.

If people people continue to buy the crap Lindleys will continue laughing at you.

The club won't be impacted in the short term so send Lindleys a message and stop buying their overpriced slop.

Not sure how many more times this needs saying.

Spot on this is what I and the rest of our group have done.