Atmosphere today - The band

Well that number is the problem , s6 is never going to be bouncing when 20,000 people attend a stadium that was originally designed for in excess of 40,000. how you solve it ? well there's lots of ways but to start the price of 'cheap seat' football has got to come down, corporate entertainment can look after itself but for atmosphere you need young adults late , teens and twenties in quantity , shouting and chanting, you also need a large volume of opposition fans to create the atmosphere this means th cost of away cheap seat football needs also to come down and away fans and being an away football fan must be easy nd hassle free.. The best atmosphere I have witnessed in football grounds has a confrontational partisan (not violent ) edge that is what imo we need to get back too

the price of seats in football grounds will increase, at s6 it will increase significantly...

any remedies over the atmosphere needs to take reality and facts into account...

we're not gonna have 35,000+ in at a tenner, cheap will likely be just under £30 next year...

THAT is the one thing that will put people onto the kop, it'll likely even get the western end of the north back, or at least sufficient numbers of them...

add to that, some home attacking play, a threat of wednesday goals (yes there's an 'S' on it), and the chance of figuring at the opposite end of the table than we're used to and...

you could just about end up with a fullish kop, with some atmosphere, and the band will still be there... :stuwinky:

You can have all the motivational pre match activities in the world, but if the team, the referee or the opposition don't get the crowd going, then nothing will.

Our boring, don't lose at all costs approach will never get the fans going. We NEVER have a period of concerted attacking because players are straight back into their zone once we've attacked. Huddersfield were a nothing club that offered nothing and the referee was fairly dogs both ways. Mix it all up and you are guaranteed a crap atmosphere.

Attacking football brings atmosphere and we don't do attacking football

the other stands were like the Grandstand today. very quiet.

is that the 1st time this season we aint won while the band have been absent? (reading, blackpool)

was rugger on today or have they gone for good? 

no, they'd taken the criticism on board, and decided to stay away to see how things went...

with the singing and chanting sections of the kop newly freed to vehemently voice their support...

apparently it went well, the club received numerous thanks from the occupiers of the adjoining houses for a very peaceful afternoon, it sounded like more like july, than it did the galatasaray home end...

no, they'd taken the criticism on board, and decided to stay away to see how things went...

with the singing and chanting sections of the kop newly freed to vehemently voice their support...

apparently it went well, the club received numerous thanks from the occupiers of the adjoining houses for a very peaceful afternoon, it sounded like more like july, than it did the galatasaray home end...

Hopefully their little experiment is going to last a good season or two.

Lets hope that with a few more decent players and a new scoreboard mixed up with flair ,hope and ambition next season we can generate a better atmosphere

Lets be honest there's been precious little to get us going

I remember back in the 90s Hillsborough rocked and it will so so again

what the fackin' hells a scoreboard got to do with atmosphere??? WTF:

that's about the limit of some of the younger support in the ground, effin' about on an iphone all game, not even watching the game half the time...

if gray proves to be the right man, or chansiri appoints the right man, gives either sufficient spending to build some serious attacking threat, and we press upfield rather that the ultra safety first italianesque dross we have now...

you will see atmosphere, but it will never be the atmosphere that half our support will produce away, as the atmospherics at 6s are flawed...

As much as I'm not a fan of the band the atmosphere without them is worse, could laugh at the folk slagging them off then sit in silence when they don't turn up.

I voted no to the band in a recent poll as well but people just dont create any atmosphere when they're not around it's a fact.

HEAR, HEAR...

or rather hear, hear...

it'll still be heard above the kop... :tango:  lol  :baby:  

Guest totemowl

i doubt it very much...

were you on the kop, did you take advantage of their absence and sing and chant all game?

I suspect a fair number of those who want to sing and chant all game haven't being going on the kop, precisely because the band would stop them from doing that.

That probably won't change until it becomes a band free environment.

Its got nowt to do with the band...Its the fagend of the season, nothing to play for, the fans walking in the ground in a virtual stupor.

We can't score goals, the pitch puts the damper on either team playing decent football,..its f.ookin' BORING...

The fans can't get the team going..thats horse before cart...especially in these circumstances.

Wednesday fans are sditting back and looking at what next season may bring..I find myself picking out individual players and watching them instead of the game..picked Zayette yesterday ..and decided to give him a new contract lol

The whole mindset changes when theres sod all to play for..Unless theres a crap refereeibng decision..or a piece of wonderplay...(The former more likely than the latter),,,it stays mainly quiet..

It's the nearly the worst possible time to try and break free from the comfort blanket that is the band.

Don't get me wrong I am fully aware that on the whole this is the best we've had it for a number of years, it's a time of genuine excitement.

Unfortunately our season is petering out and we struggle to create genuine moments of excitement in our home games.

Next season, first game with positivity buzzing round the stadium and some new signings may well be the time to try and get the atmosphere going.

I suspect a fair number of those who want to sing and chant all game haven't being going on the kop, precisely because the band would stop them from doing that.

That probably won't change until it becomes a band free environment.

it will likely alter with significant price rises next season...

if you push it to £33 for north and south, and £28 for the kop, the kop will fill, and i don't care if we've a band, or mary poppins singin' on there...

too many, have found it too easy too easy to blame the band for the shyte atmosphere...

the kop's dead, and has been for some time now, decades if you are willing to overlook the odd small period of vocal support from there when things are going well on the field...

the likely reason the bands at s6 is there is a need for it in the vocal vacuum that exists...

if it went to other noisier grounds it wouldn't be nearly as easily heard...

if chansiri's plans go well, and seating prices increase to help fund those ventures then, you may well see a better/noisier crowd in the kop...

however as i've pointed out before, the picnickers, moaners, and those in on the cheap will still want to occupy the seats they have now, thus any bigger numbers will have to fit in where they can...

and once again the mighty great kop at hillsborough will have to bow it's head to the galatasaray home end... WTF:

Managed pretty well between 2005 and 2010, in dire times. The atmosphere will return.

Hopefully new season, new start.

Did we? I seem to remember a very poisonous atmosphere back then, but we're talking about now and at the moment the atmosphere at Hillsborough is poo , too many fans are apart that want to sing, something needs to be done to address it, the band is sometimes awful to listen too but they can drum up atmosphere at the same time.

If we are doing okay next season then things might change but who knows? 

Did we? I seem to remember a very poisonous atmosphere back then, but we're talking about now and at the moment the atmosphere at Hillsborough is poo , too many fans are apart that want to sing, something needs to be done to address it, the band is sometimes awful to listen too but they can drum up atmosphere at the same time.

If we are doing okay next season then things might change but who knows? 

it will, and the only ways to get the n/w guys back on the kop is to increase prices, or make them sit down all game...

and unless something kicks off up there, i can't see the latter happening...

anyway with a full kop, making all this noise were gonna get...

the players won't be able the hear the advice, booing, and personal abuse that's so clear to hear from the home stands at times...

let's hope a better team will bring better results...

and that in itself will bring a better atmosphere at s6, removing the band won't...

they're just a scapegoat for those who won't accept the kop's shyte in it's present form...